American Empress

LHT28

For those that have done this cruise before a couple of questions please

How much time do you get in port on average?

Is there laundry machines onboard yet?

I would like to do either route but finding the logistics of getting there from Toronto a bit of a nightmare

I am wondering if it is better to rent a car from Clarkston & drive to Seattle & fly from there

I would not mind seeing Seattle

What have others done when ending the cruise in Clarkston?

Thanks

Lyn

Lyn,

I don´t remember any washers and dryers on the boat when it was the Empress of the North. But Calliope is currently onboard and he might be able to answer your questions (when he´s back home).

steamboats

Lyn,

I don´t remember any washers and dryers on the boat when it was the Empress of the North. But Calliope is currently onboard and he might be able to answer your questions (when he´s back home).

steamboats

Thanks

I know they did not have them before but was hoping they found a place to put a set like on AQ ;)

Wishful thinking on my part

Lyn

I would like to do either route but finding the logistics of getting there from Toronto a bit of a nightmare

I am wondering if it is better to rent a car from Clarkston & drive to Seattle & fly from there

Thanks

Lyn

Lyn, we get around to sailing Empress, we'll drive there, making a road trip on either end. Regardless of which direction we go, we'll rent a car and get back to the beginning. From Clarkston to Seattle, the drive is approximately 5 hours. The car pickup would be at the Lewiston airport (Lewiston is directly across the Snake River from Clarkston, and the airport is probably 4 to 5 miles from where I'm guessing the boat will land. Return of the car would be SeaTac, the Seattle/Tacoma airport. Looks like the average rental would be about $112 per day.

Thanks

Lyn

Just a quick note as I'm tired after just getting home.

There are no passenger laundry facilities on the boat. I got off of the boat yesterday in Clarkston and then spent last night in Spokane which is a 2.25 hour bus ride from Clarkston. I stayed at the Davenport Hotel Tower which is across the street from the original circa 1914 Davenport Hotel. Both are nice but the original hotel has so much charm. I'll post more on the times in port after I empty my luggage and get some sleep, but in Richland and Clarkston we spent the night.

I do question why Seattle? You will board the boat at Vancouver, WA. which is right across the Columbia River from Portland, OR.

Just a quick note as I'm tired after just getting home.

There are no passenger laundry facilities on the boat. I got off of the boat yesterday in Clarkston and then spent last night in Spokane which is a 2.25 hour bus ride from Clarkston. I stayed at the Davenport Hotel Tower which is across the street from the original circa 1914 Davenport Hotel. Both are nice but the original hotel has so much charm. I'll post more on the times in port after I empty my luggage and get some sleep, but in Richland and Clarkston we spent the night.

I do question why Seattle? You will board the boat at Vancouver, WA. which is right across the Columbia River from Portland, OR.

Thanks for the info

I would stay in Seattle after the cruise because I have never been there & there are some things I would like to see there ;)