Lima Tours

oakbender

I am also interested in any replies to the Lima question. We are going to be there 2 days before joining our river cruise/machu picchu group.

If there are no answers here there are some on Trip Advisor so check there too.

http://limadailytours.com/

they have a mini van and I booked them for the 2 days we were docked in lima. met us at the gates and took us to the main sightseeing places before the rest of the crowds. also did the night show of the water fountains. they stayed with us and drove us back to the ship. saw the ruins the 2nd day. very friendly and reasonable.

We used Lima Cabs a few years ago for a 10 hour tour for three people, including waiting time while we had lunch and dinner. The service was great, and the tour was very interesting. I recommended the service to a friend last year, and he also highly recommends them.

http://www.limacabs.com/

Does anyone know of a good private tour company in Lima?

I have an excellent recommendation for you. His name is Aaron Paiva Leyton.

Here is my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42288448#post42288448

And a few photos: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44260580&postcount=12

We took a private tour in Lima earlier this year. This is the second private tour that we have taken there since 2013. We've used two different companies. Both were great but the first one I could not book on my own as it required a Travel Agent. This is the one we used a few months ago that I found on my own and I was very pleased.

http://www.limamentor.com

Keith

We met Renato when he was sent to pick us up from the airport in Lima. We hired him for a day and had a great time with him. http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g294316-d2289939-Reviews-TaxiLimaPeru_Private_Tours-Lima_Lima_Region.html#REVIEWS

http://www.taxilimaperu.com/

Renato lived in New York for several years so speaks good English.

• 4 months later...
http://limadailytours.com/

they have a mini van and I booked them for the 2 days we were docked in lima. met us at the gates and took us to the main sightseeing places before the rest of the crowds. also did the night show of the water fountains. they stayed with us and drove us back to the ship. saw the ruins the 2nd day. very friendly and reasonable.

Hi, would the fountains be worth going back to see after a day tour? Also do you think it is worth going to Huaca pucallana

Huaca Huallamarca if we are also doing Pachacamac ? Would appreciate advise.

the fountains were lovely

you do NOT need a guide to enjoy them

but depending where you stay it may be a costly cab ride

We were in Miraflores and it was about 20-30 minutes

dee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haku Tours, represented by Alexandra, was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely professional, kind and accommodating through the planning process. Alexandra was able to customize a tour that appealed to first time visitors to Lima as well as well traveled repeat visitors. We were supposed to be on the cruise now but had to cancel due to a medical emergency. However, based on the great planning process I am sure the tour would have been wonderful and I would not hesitate to use Haku Tours the next time I am traveling to the Lima area. I also want to mention that they support local non-profits and do a lot of good in the community.

I have an excellent recommendation for you. His name is Aaron Paiva Leyton.

Here is my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42288448#post42288448

And a few photos: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44260580&postcount=12

We also hired Aaron for our Lima port stop this past March. He and his driver without a doubt was terrific in fulfilling our requests of sites to see. Also the Peruvian lunch his mother made for us was delicious and the Pisco sours were yummy. If we ever return to Lima I would hire him in a flash.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, we booked Aaron for our forthcoming visit in April this year. I was confirming all our tours on Monday and discovered that Aaron has double booked the day we were spending with him. When we booked with him, he didn't mention a deposit was needed but he did say that we were pencilled into his diary so I took it that we were confirmed. This was way back in June/July/August last year.

Now we find that a deposit would have held our booking if only we had been told. I have looked at his bookings for April and it is the only day that he is booked! An email from him asking if we were still interested would have been appreciated.

We are now trying to find a similar tour where we can have a typical Peruvian lunch and perhaps visit the markets beforehand. Having been to Lima before where we spent two days, we have seen most of the tourist sights. Has anyone any ideas? I have sent off an email to Limamentor this afternoon so am waiting on her to reply. We are on the Marina and have a short day in Lima having to return to the ship around 3-3.30pm.

Jennie

Unfortunately, we booked Aaron for our forthcoming visit in April this year. I was confirming all our tours on Monday and discovered that Aaron has double booked the day we were spending with him. When we booked with him, he didn't mention a deposit was needed but he did say that we were pencilled into his diary so I took it that we were confirmed. This was way back in June/July/August last year.

Now we find that a deposit would have held our booking if only we had been told. I have looked at his bookings for April and it is the only day that he is booked! An email from him asking if we were still interested would have been appreciated.

We are now trying to find a similar tour where we can have a typical Peruvian lunch and perhaps visit the markets beforehand. Having been to Lima before where we spent two days, we have seen most of the tourist sights. Has anyone any ideas? I have sent off an email to Limamentor this afternoon so am waiting on her to reply. We are on the Marina and have a short day in Lima having to return to the ship around 3-3.30pm.

Jennie

Try Monica, she was great.

Jennie

I am so excited about the tour we have lined up with David, he is listed as 5 stars on Tripadvisor. I have included info below of our tour. Also, David is very easy to work with and answers very promptly.

http://datasteofperu.com/en/

Live it to believe it (Day Tour

I am so excited about this tour, I think it will be one of our absolute best for South America. David is an absolute gem, you can see him on his website and on YouTube everyone loves his tours. Lima is the food capital of South America so this is a really good port to get into food big time!

Take the plunge and risk falling in love with Peru; our landscaping, people, cuisine, drinks, artisans, and our colors are sure to leave a lasting imprint in your travel journal.

“Parque del Amor” Park of Love (Miraflores)

Organic Peruvian coffee at one of the best coffee shop

“Iglesia Ermita” Ermita Church (Barranco)

“Puente los Suspiros” Bridge of Sighs (Barranco)

Milkshake made with our native fruit; Lúcuma (Barranco)

Visit an authentic local market, taste the local fruit, and see other products (Surquillo)

“Plaza San Martin” San Martin Square (Lima Historical Center)

Presidential Palace (Lima Historical Center)

Lima Cathedral (Lima Historical Center)

“Plaza Mayor/Plaza de Armas” Lima’s Main Square (Lima Historical Center)

Gourmet Peruvian lunch including dessert in front of the Pacific Ocean (Barranco)

A souvenir apron for you to take home

Professional, Licensed, Tour Guide

Transportation included

Linda

Thanks so much 4774 Papa and Dallascruiser for your prompt replies to our problem.

I will get in touch with both of your suggestions. At least we have 8 weeks before we get to Lima but of course at this late stage most of the good guides are booked up.

Jennie

We also hired Aaron for our Lima port stop this past March. He and his driver without a doubt was terrific in fulfilling our requests of sites to see. Also the Peruvian lunch his mother made for us was delicious and the Pisco sours were yummy. If we ever return to Lima I would hire him in a flash.

With the home-cooked, authentic Peruvian meal Aaron provides, no other tour guide or company compares. Glad you enjoyed it!

• 3 weeks later...

If you just want to arrange a transfer to and from the port into town to a restaurant, I'd recommend http://taxidatum.com.

There are so many excellent restaurants in Lima, it's almost impossible to pick a bad one at any price point if you do even a tiny bit of research.

I like the Barranco neighborhood, if you haven't yet been there you could visit some of the museums and galleries, eg Dedalo, Lucia de la Puente, Pedro de Osma (not Osama!), the MATE (photographer Mario Testino), the new Contemporary Museum "MAC".

Don't carry a big camera or backpack, and you can walk around Barranco and Miraflores freely. Or have a restaurant call a taxi for you, if you have a smartphone I believe there are even a few apps.

Edited by mlgb

If you just want to arrange a transfer to and from the port into town to a restaurant, I'd recommend http://taxidatum.com.

There are so many excellent restaurants in Lima, it's almost impossible to pick a bad one at any price point if you do even a tiny bit of research.

I like the Barranco neighborhood, if you haven't yet been there you could visit some of the museums and galleries, eg Dedalo, Lucia de la Puente, Pedro de Osma (not Osama!), the MATE (photographer Mario Testino), the new Contemporary Museum "MAC".

Don't carry a big camera or backpack, and you can walk around Barranco and Miraflores freely. Or have a restaurant call a taxi for you, if you have a smartphone I believe there are even a few apps.

We booked Taxidatum last week to pick us up from our ship and take us to Central which is rated as the 4th best restaurant in the world. Central is situated in Miraflores and the fare to and from the ship is a good price.

After the mess up with Aaron, it was hard to find a good guide as we had left it so late and as we had spent time in Lima over 2 days back in 2011, we felt that going to a restaurant for lunch was a good alternative. I am sure we will have a lovely meal, especially as friends from the U.S. dined there just on two weeks ago and loved it.

Jennie

Edited by Aussie Gal

We are booked with Hakutours for April. We are booked for the reality tour. I posted it on our roll call and it was immediately full. Alexandra has been wonderful in responding to emails, and it looks like it will be a fantastic day including an authentic lunch.

• 4 months later...

I wanted to add another name. We debarked in Callao Port late April this year. The JW Marriott concierge(where we stayed and have VIP status) gave us the name of their private tour operator. Inversiones Kintaro, Claudia Salazar, reservaskintaro@gmail .com Their operation was top shelf. New late model Hyundai 12 pax vans (like the Benz very comfy). A/C works great. Used them three times in three days. There was a lot of confusion on debarkation and they waited and waited and then found us. (Ships' fault.) They specialize in smaller tours.