need help with drink prices

I was recently on Indy for a 4-day cruise and just for fun I'm trying to figure out if I broke even with my drink package. The problem I'm having is that the prices of a lot of the drinks weren't listed!

I ordered a couple of drinks off the menus so I know the prices of those. Also the Promenade Cafe had a sign that listed their coffee prices. I'm going to assume that my martinis cost $12 (since they never asked me to pay extra).

Can anyone recent cruisers who didn't have the drink package help me with prices?

bottled water?

fresh orange juice?

Bacardi and Coke?

mojito?

mudslide?

Thanks!

Been trying to find the cost of bottled water, seems like mission impossible [emoji17] I'd like to buy them individually (as needed) rather than paying for a package. Anybody knows how much, or is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been trying to find the cost of bottled water, seems like mission impossible [emoji17] I'd like to buy them individually (as needed) rather than paying for a package. Anybody knows how much, or is it worth it?

Someone reported today the small bottles at $2.

Crazy, isn't it? I think Royal Caribbean is making it hard to figure out prices on purpose. I only saw a couple of drink menus on the ship and none with the prices of frozen drinks or normal cocktails like rum and Coke. And then some ships seem to have different prices than others.

Crazy, isn't it? I think Royal Caribbean is making it hard to figure out prices on purpose. I only saw a couple of drink menus on the ship and none with the prices of frozen drinks or normal cocktails like rum and Coke. And then some ships seem to have different prices than others.

I agree, they want folks to buy the drink package.

Someone reported today the small bottles at $2.

Thanks for your reply!

I wonder if by small they mean the 8-10 oz or the "regular" 16.9 oz. Since the package ones are 1 liter [emoji848] If they're the real small ones, then the $69 for 24 one liters isn't that bad. I guess...

Exactly! But the truth is I only drink water and maybe a lemonade or smoothie on a full moon [emoji23]. I don't like coffee or alcoholic beberages. So sorry RCI, the beverage package is not for me.

Thanks for your reply!

I wonder if by small they mean the 8-10 oz or the "regular" 16.9 oz. Since the package ones are 1 liter [emoji848] If they're the real small ones, then the $69 for 24 one liters isn't that bad. I guess...

The small bottles I've see are 500ml.

I was recently on Indy for a 4-day cruise and just for fun I'm trying to figure out if I broke even with my drink package. The problem I'm having is that the prices of a lot of the drinks weren't listed!

I ordered a couple of drinks off the menus so I know the prices of those. Also the Promenade Cafe had a sign that listed their coffee prices. I'm going to assume that my martinis cost $12 (since they never asked me to pay extra).

Can anyone recent cruisers who didn't have the drink package help me with prices?

bottled water?

fresh orange juice?

Bacardi and Coke?

mojito?

mudslide?

Thanks!

FYI. Last week on Indy I was never charged extra even when the menu price was more than $12. I ordered a $16 glass of wine every night with dinner and was never charged. IIRC the wine I ordered at either Giovanni's or Chops was $18 and I still wasn't charged. So it may have been more than $12 even if you weren't charged. Who the heck knows.

Its been my experience on other lines that while they may not list "alcohol + mixer," the price for a, say Bacardi and coke is the same as the price of a shot of Bacardi. So, again, in my experience, if they list the price of the alcohol, a basic "alcohol + mixer" will be the same.

Of course, I haven't cruised Royal Caribbean, so they may do something weird.

FYI. Last week on Indy I was never charged extra even when the menu price was more than $12. I ordered a $16 glass of wine every night with dinner and was never charged. IIRC the wine I ordered at either Giovanni's or Chops was $18 and I still wasn't charged. So it may have been more than $12 even if you weren't charged. Who the heck knows.

That's interesting. My martinis were from the Champagne Bar and they did charge extra if you ordered a $13 martini. I know because my husband ordered an espresso martini and they told him in advance it would be an extra dollar. I heard them tell a few other people too; that's why I assume all of mine were $12.

The consistency is mind-boggling, isn't it? :)

That's interesting. My martinis were from the Champagne Bar and they did charge extra if you ordered a $13 martini. I know because my husband ordered an espresso martini and they told him in advance it would be an extra dollar. I heard them tell a few other people too; that's why I assume all of mine were $12.

I guess it's a good thing I never ordered a drink from the Champagne bar. Lol

I decided to go for the drink package on my next cruise even though I am Diamond as I figured when I account for bottles of water - my break even is only like 3 drinks (I like frozen drinks). Granted I am basing this on the 20% off sale price.

I also know I don't particularly like the wine offered to Diamond members - I have always wished they would just give me $8 off whatever glass I want. We shall see after this cruise if I opt for the package going forward.

• 11 months later...

That's reasonable. On NCL, espresso martinis are $18. Their prices are absurd!

Exactly! But the truth is I only drink water and maybe a lemonade or smoothie on a full moon [emoji23]. I don't like coffee or alcoholic beberages. So sorry RCI, the beverage package is not for me.

If that's all you drink, it's cheaper to just buy what you want, when you want it. Ice water is everywhere and it's good! Lemonade is included, too. You can simply buy a smoothie when you want one, and you'll come out ahead!