Symphony of the Seas New Things?

Did I miss it somewhere or does anyone know anything about any of the new features we will find aboard Symphony? I saw that one of the ships that is based in the UK, they asked people what they wanted and they are getting a trampoline park added. Anyone know of anything like that for Symphony? Just curious. Thanks!

Did I miss it somewhere or does anyone know anything about any of the new features we will find aboard Symphony? I saw that one of the ships that is based in the UK, they asked people what they wanted and they are getting a trampoline park added. Anyone know of anything like that for Symphony? Just curious. Thanks!

From what has been released so far, Symphony is going to be just like Harmony, except for the entertainment.

According to this article and interview with Michael Bayley there are a few other changes to Symphony still to be announced.

Edited: The link doesn't seem to work here... Here is the relevant part of the article:

On Royal Caribbean's website, they included an indication that the version on Symphony of the Seas might have something additional, not found on the version on Harmony.

After riding the Ultimate Abyss on Harmony, any enhancements on Symphony of the Seas are sure to make an already exhilarating ride into an even better one.

Hints at new experiences

If you follow the progress of a Royal Caribbean ship during construction, you will notice that the cruise line really enjoys teasing guests with possibilities of what is to come, and they are already at it with Symphony of the Seas.

Besides the Ultimate Abyss hint earlier in our countdown, there are two other clues of what is to come.

The first tease is with the promise of something "daring" and "a whole new challenge".

It also appears there will be new culinary experiences on Symphony of the Seas to enjoy.

Solarium will be different

During a conference call with members of the media, Royal Caribbean CEO Michael Bayley mentioned something about Symphony of the Seas' Solariumthat has caught the attention of a few folks.

With any new ship, one of the most common questions is usually about what makes this ship different from other ships in her class. Bayley was not keen to share many details, but did indicate the adults-only area towards of the front of the ship will be "quite a lot" different from ones on other Oasis Class ships.

What that means is anyone's guess, but perhaps this could signify the return of a pool in the Solarium, following the omission of a Solarium pool on Harmony of the Seas.

Edited by [g]cruiserke

• 2 months later...

A new guide shows Wonderland, Chops, Jamie’s, Izumi, 150 and Johnny Rockets onboard.

New restaurants mentioned are Hooked, which is a fish restaurant, a Mexican called El Loco Fresh and something called Sugar Beach.

The article is in Swedish (I think!) but you can get the gist.

c7b1f378b2f664bf262925742542bd97.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! That is quite interesting. Wonder why they are using Hairspray again? I love it, but have seen it many times already on Allure or Oasis (can't remember which one).

Oasis.

And a lot of people are wondering the same thing.

I’m pretty sure there will be an Escape Room, as there is on Harmony - but a different design. We are looking forward to that on our Dec. 2018 Cruise. We loved it on Harmony, and thought it was well worth the charge. (About $10/person.) These cost much more at the land based ones I’ve seen advertised.

The translation of the description of Sugar Beach sounds more like the Candy Beach next to the now Dog House.

Dog House is not mentioned anymore. So maybe Hooked is replacing Dog House and Sabor is replaced by the new Mexican El Loco Fresh (or the other way round Dog House = El Loco Fresh and Sabor = Hooked). Or Hooked is replacing Solarium Bistro (dinner only).

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

The translation of the description of Sugar Beach sounds more like the Candy Beach next to the now Dog House.

Dog House is not mentioned anymore. So maybe Hooked is replacing Dog House and Sabor is replaced by the new Mexican El Loco Fresh (or the other way round Dog House = El Loco Fresh and Sabor = Hooked). Or Hooked is replacing Solarium Bistro (dinner only).

steamboats

Just a guess but I would think that Hooked would replace Solarium Bistro. Dog house remains and El Loco Fresh replaces Sabor.

Thank you! That is quite interesting. Wonder why they are using Hairspray again? I love it, but have seen it many times already on Allure or Oasis (can't remember which one).

Hairspray! What a let down.

Just a guess but I would think that Hooked would replace Solarium Bistro. Dog house remains and El Loco Fresh replaces Sabor.

Yes, thinking more about it Hooked might more likely replace the Solarium Bistro.

At the end of the brochure Starbucks and Ben & Jerry´s are mentioned. I assume it will be the shop on Boardwalk now having both. They had ice cream there on the Harmony.

steamboats

• 1 month later...
The Solarium Bistro will be on deck 15 just like the Oasis, Allure and Harmony.

Hooked will be on deck 16 where the Solarium Bar is on the Oasis, Allure and Harmony.

The Symphony Solarium Bar will be on deck 15.

My head is spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
What is the hooked restaurant? I have not heard of that yet!

It’s a seafood restaurant... they have a sample menu in the planner for our sailing. We are going to try specialty restaurants only package, on Symphony, and I’m super excited about it! For our 7 day, it’s $204 per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums