Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:48 PM.
IN
204 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
After reading tons of forums I have found out the following information. I called Verizon and found out that for $10 a day, I get my current plan at each of our ports. I have unlimited calls, text and data. Some of you will judge me and say I should be on vacation and not use my phone and blah, blah, blah. But, some of my relaxation is posting videos and photos that I take with my drones and gopro's and 360 camera. Anyway, there is some information regarding my particular cellular provider.

By the way, we are sailing on the Sunshine on December 17-23 and will visit Grand Turk, Nassau and Amber Cove.
Ontario, CA (The one WITH the Palm Trees!)
24,004 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
ATT has a similar plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Point Richmond CA
6,617 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by iamchrisstone
After reading tons of forums I have found out the following information. I called Verizon and found out that for $10 a day, I get my current plan at each of our ports. I have unlimited calls, text and data. Some of you will judge me and say I should be on vacation and not use my phone and blah, blah, blah. But, some of my relaxation is posting videos and photos that I take with my drones and gopro's and 360 camera. Anyway, there is some information regarding my particular cellular provider.

By the way, we are sailing on the Sunshine on December 17-23 and will visit Grand Turk, Nassau and Amber Cove.

Old news.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
United States
2,687 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Do they only charge you for the days you use it? Otherwise, it works out to $300 per month.

ATT charges $30 for 30 days international roaming with unlimited text, limited data, and $1 per minute calling. For $60 for 30 days, you get more data and 50 cents per minute calling.

Best is T-Mobile. NO CHARGE, Unlimited texts, UNLIMITED data, and 20 cents per minute calling.

Or, all 3 support wifi calling, so enable wifi calling (must be done where you have a cell signal), and find a hotspot in port.
IN
204 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by SRF
Do they only charge you for the days you use it? Otherwise, it works out to $300 per month.

ATT charges $30 for 30 days international roaming with unlimited text, limited data, and $1 per minute calling. For $60 for 30 days, you get more data and 50 cents per minute calling.

Best is T-Mobile. NO CHARGE, Unlimited texts, UNLIMITED data, and 20 cents per minute calling.

Or, all 3 support wifi calling, so enable wifi calling (must be done where you have a cell signal), and find a hotspot in port.
It's only the days that you use it. So, it will be $30 for my cruise because we will only be at 3 different ports. While on the ship, it's outrageous per minute and per text and per MB.
18,979 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by iamchrisstone
It's only the days that you use it. So, it will be $30 for my cruise because we will only be at 3 different ports. While on the ship, it's outrageous per minute and per text and per MB.
Just be aware that you are probably going to get 3G service at best and maybe slower. Don't plan on much data to come through. It is good for voice and text.
United States
2,687 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Watch the port versus charge, some plans are based on a 24 hour "normal" day, so if you are in port overnight, you could get charged for 2 days.

But again, why not enable wifi calling, and find a hot spot in port?
sebring, FL USA
1,383 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
The past few cruises I have been on Sprint has worked at all the stops, even get a text saying calls are so much a minute and text and data free. I don't think it was LTE speed but it was good enough to check email and upload a few photos to IG.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
***Coming UP***
RCCL Liberty 4/30/2015
NCL Escape 12/05/2015
RCCL Brilliance 1/21/2016
RCCL Enchantment 3/11/2016
HAL Koningsdam 11/09/2016
CCL Vista 12/11/2016
RCCL Independence 3/30/2017
Royal Princess 11/25/2017
Celebrity Edge 01/06/2019