SCL check in

TiogaCruiser

my cruise ends with a flight out of SCL.

Does SCL have time limits as to how early you can check in and enter?

If so, is there a place to wait?

You are wise to try to find this out! I would suggest that you be more specific as to what airline you are flying.

Delta at EZE did have a very late afternoon check-in time and there was limited seating available for early arrivals.

I googled check-in times at Santiago, Chile airport and found:

American (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/destinationInformation/scl-airport.jsp)

Ticket counter

Main Terminal

Daily: 4:45 p.m. - 9 p.m. (Winter Season)

Daily: 6:15 p.m. - 10:45 p.m. (Summer season)

United (https://www.united.com/web/en-us/content/Contact/ato/results.aspx?Region=5)

Main Terminal

Santiago

8.00 p.m.-11.00 p.m. Daily

I had no idea check in time rules had anything to do with brand. Thanks for the info.

I’m flying out LAN. I’ll try google

At least the LAN (LATAM) check-in and baggage drop off counters will be staffed since it is the major airline in/out of Santiago! But it still may have restrictions on how far in advance you can check in/drop luggage. The US based carriers have limited terminal hours because their flights depart in the late evening usually.

At least the LAN (LATAM) check-in and baggage drop off counters will be staffed since it is the major airline in/out of Santiago! But it still may have restrictions on how far in advance you can check in/drop luggage. The US based carriers have limited terminal hours because their flights depart in the late evening usually.

Thanks. I’m rather new to this. My main airport is LAX, domestic, on rare occasions. So I’m used to showing up early and getting through.

I’m running out of key words to google and haven’t yet found an answer to whether there are restrictions on how early one can enter.... any ideas?

Part of my learning experience for this cruise/flight was the assumption that since my Delta flight left from the Sky Team partner airline terminal of Aerolineas Argentinas, I would be able to check-in and make use of their El Condor Lounge for Business Class passengers whenever I arrived at EZE. Surely did not happen!

In the future, if I choose to fly from an airport where my airline of choice is NOT the dominant carrier, I think I will book with that country's major air carrier. (I wonder if I had chosen an Aerolineas Argentinas flight to return to the US, I would have been able to use the El Condor Lounge 3-4 hours earlier than when I arrived at EZE and then finally got checked-in for my Delta flight.)