Loyalty points

leod1948

I have cruised frequently on Carnival. We will be on an Alaska cruise with Holland America in May. In 2019 we will be on a Cunard (Queen Mary II) Cruise out of Southampton. Do we need to have separate loyal programs for each line or will our Carnival points program assign points? Thanks for any information that may be posted.

I have cruised frequently on Carnival. We will be on an Alaska cruise with Holland America in May. In 2019 we will be on a Cunard (Queen Mary II) Cruise out of Southampton. Do we need to have separate loyal programs for each line or will our Carnival points program assign points? Thanks for any information that may be posted.

The programs are separate so you’ll need to establish a Holland America Mariners Society membership.

As a side note, MSC will recognize any other rewards program and automatically place you at you’re equivalent earned level with their rewards program.

And Azamara and Celebrity will both allow you to accrue points that you can use on either line or Royal Caribbean, but Royal Caribbean points do not accrue to the other 2 lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And Azamara and Celebrity will both allow you to accrue points that you can use on either line or Royal Caribbean, but Royal Caribbean points do not accrue to the other 2 lines.

My understanding is that the levels will be recognized on the other lines, but that the points cannot be combined. If that isn't true, can you provide a link that spells it out for me? I would love to add my Celebrity points to RCCL. Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

My understanding is that the levels will be recognized on the other lines, but that the points cannot be combined. If that isn't true, can you provide a link that spells it out for me? I would love to add my Celebrity points to RCCL. Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

I didn’t really explain it well... Azamara and Celebrity both accrue points to both programs. Sailing on either will add points to both.

Your accrued *level* (not the points) will transfer to Royal Caribbean’s Crown and Anchor program.

For example, if you are diamond level in Celebrity’s Captains Club (or Azamara Le Club Voyage), but only Red in RCCL’s Crown and Anchor, you will receive Diamond Level status on RCCL cruises. While you enjoy the benefits of status, the points ONLY accrue to you Crown and Anchor club.

Of course if your Crown and Anchor status was higher than your Captains Club level, you would receive the higher programs amenities on RCCL.

The reverse would not work: if you were diamond level in RCCL but taking your first cruise on Celebrity (or Azamara), you would be starting from scratch. Points earned would qualify for both Captains Club and Le Club Voyage) and would not count at all toward Crown and Anchor, and your Crown and Anchor status would not be recognized on Celebrity or Azamara.

I hope that makes more sense.