MSC Seaside First Impressions

Jimbo59

We’re currently on Seaside (February 10-17cruise).

Internet is a great bargin compared to other cruise lines ($45 for the week) for basic web and email. Usage is measured in MB used, not minutes used.

Food is comparable to other mainstream cruise lines (Princess, Royal, Celebrity, etc.) Service at dinner last night was excellent. Service at breakfast today was slow.

Fantastica Experience includes wine, etc. Quality is very good.

Ship is beautiful, lots of chrome, mirrors, etc.

I would describe the ship as high energy. Lots of activities, music, DJ’s for dancing. Also classical music, opera, musical shows. Most shows are 30-40 minutes.

I’ll post more at end of cruise.

Wifi is by the MB. They offer a package for streaming video, etc. I don’t know if it is unlimited.

I think the largest package was for 6.5 GB for the week.

After that it was $11 for 500MB.

Think of it more like a mobile data plan.

Ok this is going to sound like a strange question. I am not a breakfast person but on rci they have an area in the buffet that is an oatmeal and cream of wheat staion. Do they have anuthing like that on Seaside? I don't do the bacon/ sausage and eggs thing. Thanks.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

They had oatmeal and cream of wheat (called semolina) last week.

Here is coverage of the breakfast buffet from someone else who sailed on Seaside earlier in the year.

Hi Jimbo,

Did you say Fantastica Experience includes wine, etc? We are on the 4/14 with Fantastica but didn't realize this was included.

Thanks

Fantastica does not include wine with meals but there was a promotion for a while that did include wine, beer or soda with meals. Fantastica does include the coupon book that can be used for wine if desired. Bob

Fantastica does not include wine with meals but there was a promotion for a while that did include wine, beer or soda with meals. Fantastica does include the coupon book that can be used for wine if desired. Bob

We have the Fantastica “mealtime drinks package” that includes wine, soda, cocktails, etc. at lunch and dinner. We also received 12 drink coupons each.

We have the Fantastica “mealtime drinks package” that includes wine, soda, cocktails, etc. at lunch and dinner. We also received 12 drink coupons each.
That's the same promotion we had and it worked great except for the first night in the dining room when our waiter wasn't aware of the program. After he asked his supervisor the rest of the week was never a problem. Not everyone has the free drinks with meals promotion, it depends on when you booked. Enjoy!

Hi, what are wine and beer options with mealtime drink packages...
They had a house red, white and rose wine (Only one choice of each) and the beer was Heineken Draft. My wife did manage to get a Riesling a couple of times.

Hi, what are wine and beer options with mealtime drink packages...

When we were on board the draught beer was Heineken and Heineken Light. Was fine with me. Beer snobs might turn their noses up at it, but for me the best beer is free beer.

The house wine was La Terre. We had the merlot and the cabernet the first night and stuck with the cabernet the rest of the week. It was a decent drinking house wine. Between the five adults drinking wine at the table we would usually have about 3 bottles per meal.