Review Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 2-10, 2018 GREAT SHIP GREAT CRUISE

BoopTennis

Had a ball! The Crown is a great ship, no issues, had a wonderful time. We boarded in FLL on Friday Feb 2 for an 8 day cruise. We drove from our friend's home in Ft Myers, used Park'n'Go to park the car, shuttle worked out great and dropped us right off at the ship.

We got to the ship around 1 pm, short lines, on the ship before 1:25. My DH and I and another couple had balcony cabins next to each other. R703 for us. We LOVED the location. I had never been on a top floor before, no issues with movement. Our cabins were right by the elevator, there was no bothersome noise at all. We were just one deck down from Horizon Court which was so handy! We were close to the aft door that let us out to the fantastic aft pool. We spent a lot of time there. We put door signs on our doors so could easily find our cabins as soon as we came up the stairs or off the elevator!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Back to the cabin for a minute, I like the closet and extra storage area that Princess has,

enhance

Oh -- and people have been asking about the beds. Our bed was very comfortable and the pillows were outstanding. We had one of the new beds that Princess is rolling out. They must be adding more beds each cruise because as we got off the ship at the end, they were loading more new mattresses on the ship

enhance

We spotted the drug dogs sniffing anything that was about to be loaded onto the ship

enhance

one more photo of my favorite place on the ship, the aft pool

enhance

Thanks for the great review! We are sailing on her in March. I was wondering what the cover charge is for The Crab Shack?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sorry, I did not eat at Crab Shack so not sure what the cover charge is, hopefully someone else will know!

I like to use a lanyard with my cruise card so went to the Passenger Services desk and they punched a hole in our cards for us.

We toured around the ship a bit and of course studied the daily Patter. I just love looking forward to those patters! I will post them later when I get back to a scanner

The muster drill was at 3:30 and ours was in Club Fusion. It was very convenient because we could sit to listen and we did not have to take our life jackets with us. This was a change from our last cruise last June.

enhance

We watched Sailaway from the aft pool. (love that pool if you haven't figured that out by now LOL), We then went to a reception at the fine art studio, had complimentary champagne or mimosas so took part in that.

We did traditional late seating (7:45) dinner in the Botticelli Dining Room. We had a table of 4 with our friends and ate there every night. I love the traditional dining to get to know your waiters, more on that later. The food and service was wonderful. I personally prefer the late seating so we are not rushed from our daily activities. (like hanging by the aft pool).

enhance

enhance

enhance

Menus from Dinner Embarkation Day Friday

enhance

the menu on the left was the same every night:

enhance

menu on the right for the first night:

enhance

enhance

Just looking at these menus again makes me so jealous of all the people on the current cruise!! Miss it!

enhance

the desserts available every night were:

enhance

WAY too many choices

I ordered TWO starters:

First the Red Snapper Ceviche YUM

enhance

Next the Fuente de Camarones al ajillo YUM again

enhance

My entree was the Conchiglie alla Campagnola good also

enhance

I need to rest a bit from these pictures before I look at what I had for dessert

Hi BT, What did you think of the formal nights, did you feel that the dress code was respected? Is it necessary to take Tuxedo/evening dress or go more casual?

I think the formal nights were pretty well respected but not many tuxes at all. Mostly suits for the men, or just nice shirt and tie with or without sport coat. I did not see jeans, shorts, etc, on formal night. Ladies all looked very nice but just pretty dress or pantsuits were fine. It was clearly more dressed up than the casual nights but again not many tuxes.

what was the mdr 'special' on formal night? - last 5 day cruise on Crown, it was a piece of something they labeled as a filet, overcooked, dry and no more than 1/2 inch thick...I ate maybe 2 bites

no more mdr on formal night for us