Newer RCI ships listed in "Ugliest ever" cruise ships article

time4u2go

I really don't care what a ship looks like on the outside - if I'm looking at it that means I'm not on it! I only care about the inside.

And there are plenty of people just like you. I don't happen to be one of them. I prefer aesthetically pleasing ships.... even on the outside.

And there are plenty of people just like you. I don't happen to be one of them. I prefer aesthetically pleasing ships.... even on the outside.

I guess I really don't think any ships are beautiful on the outside except sailing vessels.

I really don't care what a ship looks like on the outside - if I'm looking at it that means I'm not on it! I only care about the inside.

Agree. Yes some look better then others, some look great but don't think they are Ugly. Ships are not going look the same as they did for over 100 yrs, Classic Ocean Liners. Back then Royal didn't even have any Balcony cabins on their newest Sovereign/Majesty class. Also If they did they wouldn't be able have all the extra's they have now, would still have these tiny rooms that might not even have your own Bathroom. All these changes and cruising is cheaper then it was 30 yrs ago, dollar for dollar, not even taking inflation into account.

Edited by ONECRUISER

It won’t stop us from sailing on the Oasis-class ships, but I have to agree they look like floating hotels more than classic cruise ships. I love the look of the DCL ships, to me they are pure class. But the price plus lesser amenities has caused us to sail on RCL for now.

I agree that every RC ship after (and larger than) the Freedom Class is hideous. Oasis and Quantum Class are just ugly. RC ships up to that point were classy and elegant. What happened?

But The Norwegian Epic and that new MSC Seaside .. OMG ... who designed these messes ?!!!

Edited by F27TW

I agree that every RC ship after (and larger than) the Freedom Class is hideous. Oasis and Quantum Class are just ugly. RC ships up to that point were classy and elegant. What happened? ...

Bean counters are designing the ships now.

I think Voyager, Freedom and Oasis-class are quite easy on the eyes. Oasis-class viewed from the side looks a bit 'extra long,' but not ugly.

The article read like someone who 'imprinted on' a nostalgic appreciation of an older aesthetic griping about the different look of the huge newer ships. What next? Shall we declare modern cars ugly because they're stylistically different from those of several decades ago?

Richard.

I have to say, the first time I saw an Oasis class ship, I thought it was the most impressive thing I have ever seen, a huge accomplishment in engineering.

Agree! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Thank goodness some people dislike all these “ugly big ships” so that leaves more room for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's one "Personkind" opinion (Trudeau):D I guess the reporter is looking at ships with sleek curves. Maybe naval engineers can design a ship shaped like Marilyn Monroe or Mae West and should be No 1 in the hit parade.;p

I enjoy a ship that I can relax, dine and be entertained and able to afford a balcony that I can sit and enjoy the Ocean/Seas.

The article should have been presented as an opinion, not as fact. I loved the Radiance Class look, then the Voyager and freedom classes, which I think still look sleek. When you get to the size of the Quantum or Oasis Classes, I don't see how you can make them sleek, unless you added about 100 feet in length. Please don't flame me on the length. I'm not an engineer, just making a comment.