Earliest Portland Flight Home

surmy555

Hello

I'm looking at a 9:25 AM flight home from Portland after the cruise. What time does the Empress arrive in Portland? How soon can I get off the ship? How far is Portland airport from where we dock?

Thanks

Surmy555

The Empress docks across the Columbia River in Vancouver, Washington, I don't recall when we disembarked in October 2016 but, I believe you will NOT have time to make that 0925 flight out of Portland. At best, it will be close!

EDIT...just checked AQSC website, they state 8AM arrival.

I picked a Clarkston to Vancouver itinerary at random...

https://www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com/river-cruises/columbia-and-snake-river-cruises/clarkston-portlandvancouver-wa/?date=2018-04-22

I saw that on the website. The confirmation I received indicated we arrived at Vancouver at 5AM. It looks like the airport is 15 minutes away. To be comfortable I'd have to be off the ship by 7, 7:30 at the latest.

I'm hoping someone that's been on this cruise can remember when they we're allowed to disembark

I've emailed corporate and asked the question but I don't always trust their info. When I hear back I'll post it

Yes, you might be able to disembark at 7 or 7:30 but, if you are using the AQSC "Airport Transfer", you will be subject to that. We weren't looking at an early disembark as we were catching the southbound Coast Starlight later in the AM at the nearby Vancouver Amtrak Station and had a leisurely AM.

I heard back from corporate. The confirmed the 5AM docking but indicated it will take time for the crew to tie off ect. They recommend a 11:30 or later flight but she added a note to our reservation and said to talk to guest services when we board so they are aware and they will work with us so that we can get off as early as possible. They will arrange for a taxi to be waiting for us to take us to the airport.

We're going to go for it. I'll report back after the trip to let you know if it was one of the dumbest things we ever tried or if we were successful.

• 1 month later...
I heard back from corporate. The confirmed the 5AM docking but indicated it will take time for the crew to tie off ect. They recommend a 11:30 or later flight but she added a note to our reservation and said to talk to guest services when we board so they are aware and they will work with us so that we can get off as early as possible. They will arrange for a taxi to be waiting for us to take us to the airport.

We're going to go for it. I'll report back after the trip to let you know if it was one of the dumbest things we ever tried or if we were successful.

I found a direct flight to Boston at 9:25 am on October 1st and called the cruise line yesterday with the same question. I was told that the people who buy the ship transfer to the airport for $25 get off the ship first, which is at 7am and the rest of the ship will disembark starting at 8. The airport is only 15 minutes away and it shouldn't be a problem. I booked the flight, since the other flights were very late afternoon or evening. What date is your flight? Keep me posted!

Good luck!

~Carol

The airport is fairly close, maybe 15-20 minutes but if it's a weekday, there's rush hour traffic to deal with. We took an Uber instead of the airport transfer, about 1/2 the cost for the 2 of us with tip.