MSC Seaside Mealtime Drink Package Upgrade for $199

sbs145

It took a few tries, but I was able to upgrade from the Mealtime Drink Package to the All-Inclusive for $199.50 per person. Code on my invoice is 534UPGAD-UPGRADE 734 - 534 - 05/19/18. One agent knew about it, but an agent I spoke to later didn't....so keep trying if interested.

What's the difference? Premium drinks?

Edit: wait, I see what you mean. That's enticing actually.....However, with 12 drink vouchers and mealtime drinks included already, I don't know if I see myself drinking an additional $28.50/day worth of alcohol onboard.

What's the difference? Premium drinks?

Edit: wait, I see what you mean. That's enticing actually.....However, with 12 drink vouchers and mealtime drinks included already, I don't know if I see myself drinking an additional $28.50/day worth of alcohol onboard.

Its really not worth it. We still had vouchers left over. If you factor two drinks per day with your vouchers you would need to drink an ADDITIONAL 4-5 drinks to break even and you still have free beer and wine at lunch and dinner.

Not to mention that you will likely be off the ship while at port.

It is really only a plan for people bad at math or with serious drinking problems.

Its really not worth it. We still had vouchers left over. If you factor two drinks per day with your vouchers you would need to drink an ADDITIONAL 4-5 drinks to break even and you still have free beer and wine at lunch and dinner.

Not to mention that you will likely be off the ship while at port.

It is really only a plan for people bad at math or with serious drinking problems.

The mealtime drinks package isn't a good deal for someone that doesn't drink beer or wine, and who perhaps only drinks liquor. I personally like cocktails, but I hate beer and wine.

I was on Seaside last week and the meal time drinks package is very flexible. For example, you can go back to the buffet for a snack during meal times, and you should be able to get more drinks... We used the fantastica vouchers for cocktails and never paid for extra drinks.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Are you able to be at the pool during the afternoon and go grab a snack at the buffet and use the self serve machine to grab a couple of beers, or do you need to be sitting down at a table? Is there a time limit each day, say you go eat lunch at noon and then want to go back at 2pm for another beer?

Also, what do you mean you never paid for extra drinks? Did you mean that you didn't drink above and beyond the mealtime package and your 12 drink vouchers?

Thx!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Are you able to be at the pool during the afternoon and go grab a snack at the buffet and use the self serve machine to grab a couple of beers, or do you need to be sitting down at a table? Is there a time limit each day, say you go eat lunch at noon and then want to go back at 2pm for another beer?

Also, what do you mean you never paid for extra drinks? Did you mean that you didn't drink above and beyond the mealtime package and your 12 drink vouchers?

Thx!!!

Hi,

Self serve is deck 8 buffet and I don’t know the exact cut off time for lunch but one day I used it at 4pm and did not get charged for it. On deck 16, the buffet is close to the pool, and yes people could go back to the pool with a beer as they don’t have the resources to control this. It is not self serve. You go to the buffet bar or sit at a table and press the call button for the server to come over and take your order. Average wait time was less than a minute with the paging system. I don’t know the cut off time, but it is later than 2pm. The 8th floor buffet closes for dinner. The 16th floor buffet served beer, wine, water, soft drinks until 9:30 pm. Keep in mind that these times could change...

And yes, Between the mealtime drinks package and the fantastica vouchers, I never purchased a drink because I had enough vouchers, on average 2 per day per adult. I also had free drinks at the cruise critic meet and greet which you need to sign up for ahead of time on this site. They were very generous with 4 drink options and good quality appetizers.