Old coffee card

caa

Just booked a cruise on the Royal Princess leaving March 30. Our last Princess cruise was years ago, and I have a "King of Cups" Premium Coffee card with 3 punches on it from that trip. I think we mainly got hot chocolate and tea, and you needed a card for those but they didn't punch it. I see from the Princess website that they now have a different coffee card. Will my old card still be honored? It has no ship name or expiration date on it.

Just booked a cruise on the Royal Princess leaving March 30. Our last Princess cruise was years ago, and I have a "King of Cups" Premium Coffee card with 3 punches on it from that trip. I think we mainly got hot chocolate and tea, and you needed a card for those but they didn't punch it. I see from the Princess website that they now have a different coffee card. Will my old card still be honored? It has no ship name or expiration date on it.

I would think so, you paid for the coffee.

We have a bunch of new, unused, unpunched Premium Coffee cards......enough to last us a lifetime.

I guess there's always Ebay or Craigslist for those.

We also have a few that have only like 2-3 punches in them.

At this point they will know the card is old & will punch it for anything at the IC. Don't waste your punches for brewed coffee or tea but only for the specialty coffees. The Horizon has brewed coffee free all day long at the IC before 6 AM. (also OJ & cranberry juice on the counter)

There are a few different kinds of teas available at the Horizon also.

At this point they will know the card is old & will punch it for anything at the IC. Don't waste your punches for brewed coffee or tea but only for the specialty coffees. The Horizon has brewed coffee free all day long at the IC before 6 AM. (also OJ & cranberry juice on the counter)

There are a few different kinds of teas available at the Horizon also.

Brewed coffee is only available in Horizon court on Regal, Royal & Majestic. All others serve the awful syrup concentrate coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the input all. It sounds like we'll be able to use the card. Worst case we'll ask the barista what it covers. I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't see it as some strange ancient thing they couldn't figure out.

Neither of us drinks brewed coffee, so that is not a concern. I like good quality loose leaf tea every morning if I can get it, or at least something better than a generic tea bag if not. Back when we bought the card on the Coral Princess, you needed to show it to get good tea at the pastry shop, but they didn't punch it. DH has developed a liking for espresso since then, so I expect he'll be looking for that on this trip and can use up the punches even if it's now possible to get tea elsewhere without the card.

We have a bunch of new, unused, unpunched Premium Coffee cards......enough to last us a lifetime.

I guess there's always Ebay or Craigslist for those.

We also have a few that have only like 2-3 punches in them.

People selling cards on Ebay and Craigslist is exactly why Princess keeps changing the cards and tightening the policies. Those who do this - please stop!!!!

Thanks for the input all. It sounds like we'll be able to use the card. Worst case we'll ask the barista what it covers. I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't see it as some strange ancient thing they couldn't figure out.

It is possible you have a server that has never seen a card of that type. If any problem, just ask to speak with a supervisor.

People selling cards on Ebay and Craigslist is exactly why Princess keeps changing the cards and tightening the policies. Those who do this - please stop!!!!

No that is not why.

That is why they changed the policy from having the unlimited fresh brewed as long as one punch remained to having unlimited fresh brewed only on the voyage the card was issued on. And the ship and voyage number were supposed to be (but were not always) written on the back.

As far as remaining punches on cards from previous voyages, they should be usable since the card was either paid for at one time or issued as a benefit by Princess. If the new expiration date does apply to unused punches, then Princess is in effect keeping the money from issuing the cards without delivering the full product purchased.

So you're saying that people shouldn't sell something they've received as a gift or purchased.

I doubt that anyone would take that comment seriously. It's their property and they can do with it as they please.

I phoned Princess customer service folks 2 days ago to ask about this as I have 4 old coffee cards. I was told any older coffee card can be used. However, I have discovered what they say versus what's done on the ship sometimes differ. You paid for the cards & there is no expiry date on them. If there's a problem ask to speak to the beverage manager.