B2B changing from one cabin to another after first cruise...what help is given?

deeko

I just wondered what people's experience is when changing cabin. Ideally the cabin would be the same for both parts of the B2B. But if a change is needed does it all become a bit of a hassle??

Love to hear some views......I know those views are out there!!!

Thanks to all,

Deeko

You will need to pack your bags up and they should move them for you.

I have only ever moved rooms once during a b2b and as I was going over to the new room anyway I decided to take my bag with me, but they were going to do it.

You don’t seem to be asking about the general procedure, but that can depend a bit by port. In Europe they tend to let you stay onboard, but in the US I believe they have to clear the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Keith. As always you have a great comment.

We have the chance of the same cabin both cruises but also the chance of a better one for the first. Just trying to work out if its worth the upheaval.........guess who normally does the packing??

Not me !!!!

Thanks again for taking trouble to reply

Deeko

You do the packing as if you were debarking but do not put your bags outside the door overnight. The stewards will work out between them about when to move them. It helps to put the new room luggage tags on them.

They prefer you keep out of the way between the debark time and the announcement of cabins being ready. The stewards are working very hard to get their job done.

Thanks Mike

That all makes sense. I know we will have to go through the immigration process again whether we change cabin or not.

I'm getting tempted to stay put and just save the extra money for the next cruise.

Thanks again

Deeko

....to go through the immigration process again ...

You will get instructions about 2 days from the changeover day but it will include a sticker which says "In Transit". Wear that if you go off the ship so that when you return you will bypass the check-in process and just have to go through Customs.

We changed cabins on the Getaway last spring in Copenhagen. We only had to move about 10 doors down. We spoke to the new cabin steward a few days ahead. NCL gave us luggage tags that listed our old cabin number and new cabin number. We kept our luggage in the cabin. Since I use packing cubes, I just got those packed up the day before and popped them into the suitcase in the morning. We left the hanging clothes in the closet. As we headed to breakfast, we told the new cabin steward where we were going. When we got back he had the move completed. We just emptied the safe from the old cabin and moved items to the new cabin.

We have done several B2Bs where we had to move cabins. This was our first on NCL and was the easiest one ever.

Thank you Katie,

That is a very interesting comment. It sounds as though the steward brought your clothes to your new cabin on the original hangers.

Am I correct. The idea of folding everything up into suitcases is a bit of a nuisance. We would be moving from the Haven to a suite for a 4 day cruise.

After the 4 day we do a TA for 15. No issue there.

It would be good to have only the small "cube type" items to move. I know this sounds like making a mountain out of a mole hill but am very keen to reduce the logistics of the move.

Thanks again......sounds like you had a good steward.....well worth a good tip!

Deeko

Thank you Katie,

That is a very interesting comment. It sounds as though the steward brought your clothes to your new cabin on the original hangers.

Am I correct. The idea of folding everything up into suitcases is a bit of a nuisance. We would be moving from the Haven to a suite for a 4 day cruise.

After the 4 day we do a TA for 15. No issue there.

It would be good to have only the small "cube type" items to move. I know this sounds like making a mountain out of a mole hill but am very keen to reduce the logistics of the move.

Thanks again......sounds like you had a good steward.....well worth a good tip!

Deeko

Yes, everything that was on hangars we left that way and he moved them on the hangars and hung them in the closet. I can be a bit OCD and I joked to DH that he hadn't hung them in the same order I had them ;p. And we did give him a generous tip.

Yes, everything that was on hangars we left that way and he moved them on the hangars and hung them in the closet. I can be a bit OCD and I joked to DH that he hadn't hung them in the same order I had them ;p. And we did give him a generous tip.

Katie that was a win for everyone!!!

Thanks again for being so helpful and taking time to reply.

You are a :halo:

Deeko