coastal kitchens

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sea

If you are talking about the phrase "on a space available basis" I think that is being inferred. Since Sea Class is below Sky and Star class, if those suites wish to dine and someone had to be denied, it would probably be Sea Class.

Edited by CruiszBug

So far I’m only seeing it inferred on cruise critic. I have seen where folks have written they were in a JS and denied entrance to CK due to crowding. It wasn’t clear to me that the folks were denied for all nights of their cruise, for all time slots, and whether they made advanced reservations.

If those folks that posted being denied entrance would clarify, I think it would be appreciated.

While I have not been able to find anything written on RCs website it is their practice. It's extremely deceptive advertising and people in these forums will be the first to point out that because they have spent more money they deserve special treatment for a perk that is advertised for all levels (Dinner only). Sky class and above have the ability to communicate with a concierge before the cruise so they can prebook times for dinner where as Sea class suites need to book onboard and get the leftovers.

My family booked 3 JS on the Allure last year and we all felt like the Coastal Kitchen Manager treated us like lower class then guests booked on higher level staterooms. She was down right rude and condescending to the point of admitting we were not as important as those guests booked in Sky class and above. The waiters etc were wonderful the food was great. There were moments were we wanted to dine at a time where the restaurant was near empty and the manager refused to accommodate us. I did make reservations because there were 10 of us with children and I emailed RC HQ and they worked with us which I think pissed the Coastal Kitchen Manager off. I could care less and understand the point about the doors being locked (Never an issue for us) but the attitude was unnecessary.

With that being said we are going on the Allure for a 4th time this May without children and have booked a GS to avoid the headaches and the deal was amazing.

Booking 10 is always going to be a challenge. FWIW, all dining in CK is on a space available situation. Everyone needs reservations or risk waiting

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Booking for 10 was why I went and emailed RC before the cruise because I knew it was going to be a challenge. The attitude came when my wife and I wanted to eat on our own a few nights (kids were at childcare). In the end it all worked out but we could have done without her attitude. We tried to eat as close to opening time as possible because they seem to be empty at that time. RC does not extend the courtesy to Sea class of making reservations beforehand which is why I recommend to the OP going first thing on the ship and making them. The more advanced notice you can give the better.

Booking 10 is always going to be a challenge. FWIW, all dining in CK is on a space available situation. Everyone needs reservations or risk waiting

Very true. Resveations are key. We had some preferential treatment for breakfast a few times as Star class guests but I wouldn't chance it at dinner without a ressy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very true. Resveations are key. We had some preferential treatment for breakfast a few times as Star class guests but I wouldn't chance it at dinner without a ressy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Which is exactly why they should allow JS to book them with everyone else but they don't under normal circumstances. I would even be for only reserving a limited number of nights before booking, then reserving the rest onboard and making a very tight window to show up for your table before its been given away. The should do what they do for the Nursery. You can book a few hours (dinners in this case) onboard at the beginning then it becomes a first come first serve deal. Anything is better than turning away guests at the door who rightfully paid for Dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Again, minus the attitude from the Manager everything worked out for us in the end and we are headed back. I'll be curious if its the same manager and how we are treated now that we are in a GS. Reservations are must in any restaurant on the ship. We always try to prebook our specialty restaurants or go immediately first thing when we get on the ship and book them.

Booking for 10 was why I went and emailed RC before the cruise because I knew it was going to be a challenge. The attitude came when my wife and I wanted to eat on our own a few nights (kids were at childcare). In the end it all worked out but we could have done without her attitude. We tried to eat as close to opening time as possible because they seem to be empty at that time. RC does not extend the courtesy to Sea class of making reservations beforehand which is why I recommend to the OP going first thing on the ship and making them. The more advanced notice you can give the better.

I always make my weekly reservations via an email to the CK manager a couple of days prior, and then follow up at lunch on boarding day.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sea

If you are talking about the phrase "on a space available basis" I think that is being inferred. Since Sea Class is below Sky and Star class, if those suites wish to dine and someone had to be denied, it would probably be Sea Class.

I was on the Oasis a couple of weeks ago and "On a space available basis" is no longer the case on Oasis for JS's. If in a JS make your reservations early like everyone else. You can't reserve ahead of time in the cruise planner.

While I have not been able to find anything written on RCs website it is their practice. It's extremely deceptive advertising and people in these forums will be the first to point out that because they have spent more money they deserve special treatment for a perk that is advertised for all levels (Dinner only). Sky class and above have the ability to communicate with a concierge before the cruise so they can prebook times for dinner where as Sea class suites need to book onboard and get the leftovers.

With that being said we are going on the Allure for a 4th time this May without children and have booked a GS to avoid the headaches and the deal was amazing.

I believe this is directed at me so I will respond...I think they should take CK away from JS for Oasis class due to all these problems. And yes, pay more get preferred treatment. (By the way, I'm hardly the first to point this out-and now you want to use that preferential treatment to your advantage-------pretty hypocritical)

So much drama over eating dinner and getting our feelings hurt and the nightmares and the headaches...........oh my!

So far I’m only seeing it inferred on cruise critic. I have seen where folks have written they were in a JS and denied entrance to CK due to crowding. It wasn’t clear to me that the folks were denied for all nights of their cruise, for all time slots, and whether they made advanced reservations.

If those folks that posted being denied entrance would clarify, I think it would be appreciated.

I think when you drill down on the posts about JS cruisers being denied a table at CK, you may find that the posters may have been offered dining times that they did not want (probably around 8 or 8:30 PM). We have sailed on OA 4 times and have not had trouble reserving 8 pm (except for one night when we asked on the next to last day day for the final night -- we could have had 8:30 PM). We reserve as soon as we get on the ship now. On OA, now that it sails from Port Canaveral, earlier dining slots are more popular.

I believe this is directed at me so I will respond...I think they should take CK away from JS for Oasis class due to all these problems. And yes, pay more get preferred treatment. (By the way, I'm hardly the first to point this out-and now you want to use that preferential treatment to your advantage-------pretty hypocritical)

So much drama over eating dinner and getting our feelings hurt and the nightmares and the headaches...........oh my!

Umm.... Not sure how you thought this was directed at you since I haven't seen you post in this thread before now. So first of all my comment was a general statement. Second I'm not seeing where it is hypocritical. I booked a GS because the deal was amazing and something my wife and I probably won't be able to do again for some time and its our 10 year anniversary. Third you seem to be the one who has hurt feelings needing to reply in a post that had nothing to do with you to start with.

You get your preferential treatment for breakfast lunch etc, but you didn't pay anymore than I did to eat dinner at KC since its INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. Yes lets just remove these people who can't afford the suite I can because "it causes problems" is what you are saying I guess. Again my original comment wasn't directed at anyone just a general statement from prior posts I have read. You aren't that important and neither am I so relax pal.

In the end it appears that they may have fixed the problem.

I think when you drill down on the denials posted on Cruise Critic, the posters may have been offered dining times that they did not want (probably around 8 or 8:30 PM). We have sailed on OA 4 times and have not had trouble reserving 8 pm (except for one night when we asked on the next to last day day for the final night -- we could have had 8:30 PM). We reserve as soon as we get on the ship now. On OA, now that it sails from Port Canaveral, earlier dining slots are more popular.

I would add also that right when they opened at 6:30 I believe was when I saw them at their emptiest so I never saw the entire restaurant full on my cruise. But yes I don't see them telling people you can't eat here it just might be we don't have a reservation spot for you at the moment just like what happened to me last night when a restaurant at home said it would be a 2 hour wait. The attitude of the Manager though was my biggest issue with KC. Maybe she was having a bad week but even our server apologized to us for her behavior