We've Just Booked the Whisper for Feb. 05

slgjhg

Hello All,

It was only on August 19th that I posted my question about comparisons of several different cruise lines. It became quite clear that Silversea was the hallmark to experience. So we have booked a short (not our style, too much overhead) cruise in February to see what this experience is all about. Unfortunately, for me, I got this wonderful deal at an auction but the email and phone number information was for my husband, who was trying to finish his silver points for Bridge "Life Master", while I was working on putting together a B2B he called and asked if he should ask for clean _________, due to a voicemail he had received. As I was trying to put this whole thing together, checking hotel options and various other things to present to him, he gets a voicemail with a quote, he was not happy and a bit suprised since we hadn't discussed it.

The next day we had a long breadfast and discussed the entire situation. He said it was clear that this is something I really want to do, so he will leave the decision to me as to how to resolve the whole thing. It is so complicated because Valentines Day, the day the Whisper sails, is the day our first grandchild is due to be born.

So, I shall experience Silversea, I am very excited about this, and then we can know for ourselves what is so about this premier line. I will continue to read all your helpful posts and appreciate your patient responses to my silly questions.

I have been reading the San Juan, ports of call boad, do you have suggestions? We will do pre and post cruise there.

UK1, I appreciated many of your posts, and have contacted one of your recommendations for tour to Ostia, Atica. We are doing 30 days on the Royal Princess, September 16 , Rome to Bangkok. Also found the music forum topic very interesting. If anyone has suggestions for Mumbai, or Cochin please post or comment on the "Ports of Call" or our "Roll Call - Royal Princess - 9/16/04 - 10/16/04 or something like that. (I will retrieve it later)

So I will know what you all are talking about and will certainly have lots of cruises to contrast experiences with.

Best to you all and again, thanks for all your information,

Regards,

Shannon

Archived