Riviera vs. Marina ?

GeezerCouple

re: the hot tubs. From Hoopster's great review..."Sorry for the very poor photo, but here you can see there are two hot tubs". https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2616029&page=6 ...a little way down the page (6).

I did one Oceania Excursion that included snorkeling and they only had masks and snorkels. No fins.
No fins seems to be common. I plan on buying some cheap fins beforehand that I can leave. By bringing them at least I'll know they fit.

I have been Princess Jr Suite and in Crystal PH. You will need a PH on this ship to be happy. Think the closet is better on O but bathroom on C. C has a jetted tub.

Was on marina years ago and going back on that size in Dec.

You will need a PH on this ship to be happy.
If happiness depends on material things, it is not happiness.

I found a lot of the staff to be genuinely happy, and they certainly weren't enjoying the same amenities.

I have been Princess Jr Suite and in Crystal PH. You will need a PH on this ship to be happy. Think the closet is better on O but bathroom on C. C has a jetted tub.

If you mean the O class ship I completely disagree. The R class is another story, although I've been very happy with an OV or regular verandah on the R ships.

Do you mean on the O ships you need a PH ?

you talk in riddles

We have never had a PH & are quite happy in an A to C on either size ship

We were on the Riviera about 2 years ago, and we absolutely fell in love with the ship!

We've recently booked two cruises in 2019 on the Marina.

What differences can we expect?

(We'll have a PH suite, same as on the Riviera. Everything we had heard about the great use of space in those suites was spot on. Will there still be bathtubs? I know those are being removed on some ships/some categories. I'd really miss those luxurious long baths...)

Thanks!

GC

Greetings, GeezerCouple, from South Beach. We have sailed on Marina once, and Riviera twice, every time in PH 10022. We just like its location. The accommodations were identical, except for the art. Both ships are beautiful. We are shower people, but you will have bathtubs. Bon voyage!

Mary.