When is oceania marina next dry dock?

Caroldoll

Just got off the ship.

Would not recommend the ship or the senior officers to anyone, except the Cruise Director. He was fine. All else gets an F

Why would that be???

Wondering about when for dry dock.

I am really hesitant to say, so let's just say it is very worn down at the heels.

This is a personal thing, I was not at all impressed with the General Manager or the Captain.

We/the ship had a little situation which I believe was handled badly.

Some of this is subjective.

Wondering about when for dry dock.

I am really hesitant to say, so let's just say it is very worn down at the heels.

This is a personal thing, I was not at all impressed with the General Manager or the Captain.

We/the ship had a little situation which I believe was handled badly.

Some of this is subjective.

WHY open a new thread without DESCRIBING your reason and giving details of your complaints/displeasure. It shows either you cannot "reasonably" support your claim , or somehow you are not able to formulate a logical description....both of which don't reflect very well on you and your intellectual prowess

• Like 1

The GM and captain on our Marina cruise earlier this year were about the worst senior officers we've encountered in more than 30 years of cruising encompassing more than 60 cruises on perhaps 10 different cruise lines. Communication was nonexistent and their handling of the GI illness that occurred was grossly incompetent. I've mentioned this before and although I'm not interested in rehashing the details, the OP's complaints don't surprise me one bit.

On our cruise the GM was Claudio Melli and the captain was Luca Manzi.

I think it was the cruise prior to our current one that Caroldoll was on.

Captain is Leo Starzicic and CD was Jon Ekins

As to what the problem was I’ve no idea, food, service decor, cleanliness etc all seemed/ still seem fine.

Only issue we are aware of was our inability to get to Montreal, and as far as that goes it was handled well for those onboard . Unfortunate but not Oceania’s choice and it must have cost them a mint.

We were on the Marina cruise that ended May 8. We didn’t have any issues worth writing about. Service was excellent throughout the ship. Specialties were as good as ever and we enjoyed most meals in the GDR.

Marina was shipshape as far as we could see.

The captain’s English skills are subpar and we didn’t understand any of his announcements. His Montreal announcement was totally unclear. I went to reception for an explanation. We were disappointed to miss Montreal but passengers seemed to take it in stride. I overheard one couple yelling at the destination people about the transfer times.

Transfer information to the Montreal airport or cruise terminal was communicated in writing.

My wife and I were on Marina from Papeete to LA March 15 to April 5 or so and found her in great shape although I do have to agree that the Captain’s English skills are rather a challenge to understand over the PA system. John Ekins, the CD, was fantastic throughout our voyage, and I had several conversations with the Hotel GM, and found him very engaging.

As others have said above, why do people post these ill informed, useless comments, without relating the details of what their experience was- quite a useless and damaging initial post here, in my opinion at least.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it was the cruise prior to our current one that Caroldoll was on.

Captain is Leo Starzicic and CD was Jon Ekins

As to what the problem was I’ve no idea, food, service decor, cleanliness etc all seemed/ still seem fine.

Only issue we are aware of was our inability to get to Montreal, and as far as that goes it was handled well for those onboard . Unfortunate but not Oceania’s choice and it must have cost them a mint.

Maybe the port authority helped as the ship could not make it because of the water levels

Was Dominque the GM on that cruise ?

Jon was the CD.

I don't remember the Captain's name, but it was the ship that couldn't get to Montreal.

My special problem was my own. I had a flight on May 7, a day early. The cruise line had authorized it, yet handling getting us to the airport was NOT GOOD. Never saw the GM. If it had been Dominique this would not have happened.

Could not get a driver from Quebec to Montreal. They wanted two days notice and $1200. We didn't get two days notice to give them. Rest assured, we made our flight after quite a bit of complaining.

Not upset that we didn't see Montreal, upset by lack of communication. Inasmuch as we were getting off early, nothing in writing until literally hours before we had to get off.

I am not going to go in to a list of subjective complaints, but one that is NOT subjective is BLACK MOLD around the shower and bathtub. After a few days they tried to clean it. Mostly unsuccessfully.

Not seen the current CD since boarding in Trois Rivieres.....conspicuous by his absence. His partner' date=' the Assistant CD seems to do all the work.....[/quote']

So, you are saying that John seems to me MIA and the assistant, Steven is doing the job? No explanation? We finished a Panama Canal cruise the end of April and both were highly visible and very busy!

So, you are saying that John seems to me MIA and the assistant, Steven is doing the job? No explanation? We finished a Panama Canal cruise the end of April and both were highly visible and very busy!

No........a new pair boarded for the current cruise. I don't do the shows or watch the morning TV show, but I've always seen Nolan Dean, Dottie, Leslie Jon et al, out and about around the ship.

Peter the shoe guy and sidekick Jason were on board the last few days of the cruise that missed Montreal, I presumed they were taking over.

The GM was Marck Warmenhoven. His contract was up in Montreal.

Someone mentioned Nolan Dean. He is now working for Viking.

• 11 months later...
On 5/14/2018 at 3:18 AM, lais said:

Does anyone know when Marina is scheduled for dry dock? I googled it but couldn’t find anything.

If you search this forum for 'Marina' you will quickly find "Marina - Refresh Date" - that might help

• 9 months later...