$$ MONEY $$ - What did you pay for your cruise wedding?

Gah - awkward money question!! I am looking at a harborside wedding for around 50 people (most non-sailing) and am trying to figure out what a cruise ship wedding ACTUALLY costs because the brochures make it very complicated. If you are willing to share, can you please post:

1) What ship you got (or will get) married on and when

2) How many guests you had in all

3) What did you pay in total (NOT including any cruise fare)

4) Do you recommend getting any sort of upgrades, etc?

I realize the answers will vary greatly depending on the ship and the number of guests. I am looking to figure out whether a ship wedding does actually save money and how to best go about it.

THANK YOU in advance for all answers!! <3 <3

So what numbers are you looking for exactly? We sailed with 45 non sailing guests. We were on the Carnival Magic, however, the wedding prices have slightly changed since we got married (last December). What parts are confusing you?

My daughter is getting married in October on the Horizon while we are in Grand Cayman.

Here's what we've paid so far...

Wedding and reception for 20 people for one hour $2970.

This is the Platinum package. 15-20 minute ceremony with music, some small decorations, person to perform the ceremony and food and drinks at the reception for an hour. The couple also gets a honeymoon meal and some other extras. This package includes a silk bouquet and flower for the groom but we were told it's a plain ivory bouquet (daughter's dress is white so that's out lol)

DJ for the reception is $200 per hour

We will have 40 people so it is going to cost us another $800 for the other 20 people.

I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for or not. If I can answer any other questions, I will try.

• 1 month later...

I’m getting married on NCL Escape on 10/21 sailing.

I’ll have 29 guests (all sailing because we’re getting married on a sea day.)

In total we are paying approximately $3,250. $2000 for the symbolic ceremony, $800 for the photographer for 2 hours, $400 for cake, and $50 for a sound technician for the ceremony. We decided not to have a reception because they weren’t appealing to us and pricey. Instead we’re doing a group dinner after the reception.

I’m not getting any additional upgrades.