Flying 4 months before cruise with Air2sea

voyager1964

An interesting situation. We have a reservation with RCCL departing in September 2019 from our home town. On the other hand, we need to fly back to our home town from overseas in mid May 2019.

When I logged in to air2sea, I was able to select very good one-way flights for us. Is there any caveat if I go ahead and purchase the tickets through air2sea, even though the flights would be four months prior to our cruise? I tried to search their terms and conditions but could not find anything applicable.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance

We have a reservation with RCCL departing in September 2019 from our home town. On the other hand, we need to fly back to our home town from overseas in mid May 2019.

When I logged in to air2sea, I was able to select very good one-way flights for us. Is there any caveat if I go ahead and purchase the tickets through air2sea, even though the flights would be four months prior to our cruise?

One thought that occurs to me: Presumably, this means that you will be overseas in spring 2019 in any event, and that you will need to get home come what may. So what happens if for some reason you need to cancel the cruise? Would that mean that your one-way air2sea flight would be automatically cancelled, leaving you with a need to arrange one-way air travel home, perhaps at short notice?

Thanks Mayann and Globaliser for your thoughts.

My largest concern so far is not that I might need to cancel the cruise (I can do that with no penalty up to mid-June 2019), but that the choice air may decide to cancel my flights. I am afraid that calling them would not be helpful because the situation seems to require a supervisor-of-supervisor attention.

On a separate note, what also bothers me is that the availability of flights within "quick quote" differs substantially (to the better) from that under the personalized quote (when you actually login).