Flight after TA

lovecruzin

We are on the Pursuit TA arriving in MIA on Nov 20. We are scheduled to dock at 5am. As this is our first TA, I am unsure of the customs process for the ship/us after a TA. Under normal circumstances, would I be able to disembark, collect my bags and and catch a taxi by 8:15 ish?

It looks as if Pursuit and Journey are the only ships in port on that date, so traffic around the port should be light.

Thanks in advance!

We have done a number of TAs ending in Miami and in all but one people were exiting the ship by 7. One time there was a delay in clearing the ship and the first folks doing self debarkation didn’t get off until 8:30.

We were off the and through customs by 9:10 and called Uber & were at MIA by 9:45.

I would allow more time. It is the ships first arrival as Pursuit and there will be inevitable paperwork. Its not unknown for disembarkation not to start until nearer 8. Thats why they recommend not to book flights until around noon.

We have done several Westbound TAs. All crew and passengers have to go through US Immigration plus the ship has to be cleared by various authorities, after a summer in Europe. Once, on a larger ship, we were not in any hurry so had chosen one of the latest disembarkation times. Due to delays Shorex at Immigration it was nearly 12 noon by the time we were cleared and off the ship. Azamara of course is smaller but be prepared for it taking much longer than from a regular cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums