How to get the best airfare ???

squeeky336

I have been looking all over the net for airfares and they vary a lot.. I was given this link on CC but it does not seem to work

(https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)

Can anyone tell me how to get the best airfare? I need to book on my own.. The cruiseline won't sell me what I want.

any advice is apprichiated

This is a very, very vague question, and we won't be able to answer it, because there is no answer. First off, what do you mean by "best"? Cheapest? Most comfortable? Quickest? Also, where are you going, and when, and why won't the cruise line sell you what you want? These will help with some basic advice, but there is no one answer to your question.

I have been looking all over the net for airfares and they vary a lot.. I was given this link on CC but it does not seem to work

(https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)

Can anyone tell me how to get the best airfare? I need to book on my own.. The cruiseline won't sell me what I want.

any advice is apprichiated

First, there is no "best" airfare.

It's going to be a trade-off on what day/time you travel, which airline, which route, direct or with connections, etc.

But for some comparisons to start, try this website:

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

You can't book there, but you can get a great overview of the choices.

Then contact the airline once you decide on something.

Note that this does NOT show anything about seat availability. It's only the airline routing/schedules.

But it's a great place to start, and where we always do.

GC

In addition to what's already been said, one thing that can improve your odds is hard work and research. Lots of it.

Beyond that, we have no idea what you want - so it's impossible to give you any more specific advice about how to go about this.

"Best" means different things to different people. I'm going to assume that when you say "best" you mean cheapest. I'll add to what others have said by saying that there will no doubt be some give and take. Frequently folks will come to this board looking for the cheapest fare from A to B. Someone will respond with a reasonable fare they saw and the OP will say it's not cheap enough. Someone else will find a cheaper fare but the OP won't like the connecting city, or will think the connection time is too long or too short. Someone else will offer yet another option but the OP will respond that the departure time is too early or the arrival time is too late, or they don't like that airline. In a nutshell, the OP will raise a host of objections to every solution offered because they want to have their cake and eat it too. If you want cheap, be prepared to adjust your itinerary.

And to echo others, there is no single way to guarantee getting the cheapest fare. If there was, everyone would have figured it out and would only book those tickets. At that point the airlines would see that demand was sky high for those flights and the prices would shoot up dramatically. Supply and demand, econ 101.....

Lecture over. Now, if you'll provide your exact travel dates and any and all limiting parameters, someone here can probably help. :)