$398 upgrade to Club Continent worth it?

Toronto Guy

I am booked in an aft club veranda deluxe stateroom on Deck 7 for an 11 night voyage next year. I'm debating whether or not I should submit the form for the $398 upgrade to a Club Continent Suite in case it becomes available. If you were in an aft veranda....what would you do? I've never been in a Club Continent room before ---- looks to me like the benefit is clearly a wider room and bigger bathroom....but since I already have a bigger balcony with a view I like I'm not sure it would be worth it. Haven;t been on Azamara in a long time....are there extra suite perks that I'm missing beyond afternoon tea and a butler?

I've never cared about afternoon tea or the butler. I do love having dinner in Aqualina or Prime C available every night at no additional cost. Having more room in the cabin is also a benefit we enjoy; the bathroom is lovely.

I would apply for the upgrade and grab it if it is offered.

These are the listed benefits of a Club Continent Suite:

English butler service

240 complimentary Internet minutes per guest

One free bag of laundry service per suite, each seven days

Complimentary seating in the specialty restaurants dining

Priority embarkation and debarkation

Complimentary in-room spirits

In-suite afternoon tea service

The internet & laundry replace any LCV benefits you may have.

In room spirits are 4 half bottles of Whisky, Gin, Rum & Vodka although you can swap bottles to your preference.

Dining in the specialty restaurants is unlimited but you need to make reservations as early as possible once onboard.

We always book CC suites as we like the extra room, balconies aren’t the greatest but are adequate, we have had an aft balcony on Adonia ( now Azamara Pursuit) and for us the loyalty upgrade would represent good value.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for providing your thoughts. I think it is probably worth putting in for it just for the extra space alone. The bathroom is so small in the regular cabins. The good thing is I’m really happy with either as I do like an aft view even if we don’t get the upgrade. .

There’s nothing to say you have to take it when offered (if you are lucky enough to get an offer). You can make that decision if it happens. I always register (discover plus) but never been offered one. Good luck. It will depend largely on the occupancy of your particular cruise when the time comes around. Empty cabins seems to go to consolidators first in my past experience. Hope you’re successful as the benefits are worth it in my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely worth it!!! We were blessed to win at this game and I looooooved my butler. Amazing service. Ate specialty every night. Had cheese and grapes waiting for us to go with our shore purchased wine every evening and piping hot tea exactly to my liking every am. He set up breakfast every am. Combined plates!! I haaate the fifty plates they send one for eggs one for bacon one for bread one for fruit. Tipped him handsomely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does one do with a butler??. We had one on our first Azamara cruise when they were provided for all cabins and I couldn’t think of a single thing to ask him to do!

Mine brings me breakfast daily. Takes my laundry and returns it. Been sick twice guess who brings me three meals a day. I have been on for weeks on end and he helps me pack.

We have been lucky to get the upgrade and bathrooms well worth it. Space in cabin even the small amount more makes a difference on a cruise more than seven days.

Restaurants with out a doubt are more personal.

Butler one or two breakfasts and fixed mistakes quickly, helped get bed fittings I need for comfort.

On very stormy days when all were asked to stay in cabin he was quick to provide snacks and hot tea. Made the day pleasant as we played games in room and watched the storm.

What does one do with a butler??. We had one on our first Azamara cruise when they were provided for all cabins and I couldn’t think of a single thing to ask him to do!

When we received a CC upgrade our experience was the same.

Finally, we agreed that every day, when he brought around the afternoon tea, I would take 1 pastry and we would have a friendly but brief chat. [emoji1]

I think that I have read that that particular and rather redundant service has been discontinued.

As you can see, it is the size of the stateroom that matters to many people.

Overall it’s challenging to get an upgrade from Veranda to CC Suite. Ultimately it’s s numbers game and there are so many more Veranda cabins than CC suites—we haven’t been successful but did score on Oceanview to Veranda because there are more Verandas than oceanviews

Who are their primary consolidators?

Apologies but under the Cruise Critic Community Guidelines I agreed to when I became a member I'm unable to post names of Travel Agents or Agencies here. sorry.

We have been lucky to get the upgrade and bathrooms well worth it. Space in cabin even the small amount more makes a difference on a cruise more than seven days.

Restaurants with out a doubt are more personal.

Butler one or two breakfasts and fixed mistakes quickly, helped get bed fittings I need for comfort.

On very stormy days when all were asked to stay in cabin he was quick to provide snacks and hot tea. Made the day pleasant as we played games in room and watched the storm.

How about noise from above? Anyone experience noise being under the pool deck or restaurant?