Navigator vs. Voyager??

We must be classed as "entry level" cruisers since we are taking our first voyage on Navigator next Spring :rolleyes:

This thread has served to increase our positive expectations for that cruise, but we have a couple of other Regent ships to sail on before then; I am sure we will survive the experience ;)

We must be classed as "entry level" cruisers since we are taking our first voyage on Navigator next Spring :rolleyes:

This thread has served to increase our positive expectations for that cruise, but we have a couple of other Regent ships to sail on before then; I am sure we will survive the experience ;)

We are entry level too (y) as we are booked for our first cruise on the Navigator and whilst new to Regent we aren't new to cruising.

I'm glad my hubby booked for the itinerary and because he liked the look of the smaller ship and despite the faction of negativity towards The Navigator, I think there is more love for the ship than dislike.

We like the feel of the ocean and you really feel it in a wooden 5 cabin sailing yacht, and the whole yacht vibrates if the jenny is on, so I think it will be just like coming home.

Roll on 4 and a half months time.

There's no doubt it's a great little ship. I would definitely sail her again but I'd have to persuade my husband, ...

Not that it matters, but I quite like the Navigator. So given an appealing itinerary, persuading me would be unnecessary. It is true that, all other things being equal, my favourite current Regent ship is Mariner, followed closely by Voyager. Haven't been on Explorer.

We are also fans of Navigator. It seems to have a more relaxed and friendly atmosphere compared to the other 3 ships for some reason. The staff seem to get to know you quicker and it just feels comfy to me :).

I mentioned on another thread personally we have not encountered any of the known ships issues. Yes we have noticed the vibration when ship leaving port or docking but it’s not upset us in anyway.

Put me in for the entry level club too ;). Jean.

• 2 weeks later...

Suites are essentially identical but the Navigaotorvisnynnearly as stable in rough seas. And when you walk the length of the Navigator for the first time, you may well turn to your spouse and say, “Honey, they shrunk the ship!” ;p

Any opinions about the differences between the Navigator and the Voyager? We have taken 4 or 5 cruises with Regent, but never on the Navigator . We have a trip planned on Navigator and just wondering how it compares cabin-wise, and any general observations. Has the Navigator been upgraded recently?

Thanks

We have not done Voyager. We did the Navigator for the 2017 World Cruise. We were in 814 and had no vibration or noise problems. My friend did the cruise just before and was in a lower aft cabin. She said the walls vibrated and the noise was awful. The only problem was had was when our cabin flooded with water. This seemed to be a problem with several cabins during the voyage. While we were in shore they had to remove everything from the cabin, dry it out and put in new carpeting. The little snack, breakfast snack bed is very small near the computer area. You can fit only about 3 people there at a time. Other than those problems we enjoyed the trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to grasp the concept of "entry level" ship - is it considered to be entry level due to the limited number of large named suites which some passengers insist are the criteria for a luxury ship? There are many people who are quite happy to travel in the "standard" Regent suites and consider the cruise a luxury experience.

I would be quite surprised that any TA would share company statistics with a passenger - generally this type of information is closely guarded.

gnomie :)

Of the Regents ships, we have sailed Navigator, Voyager and Explorer. We pick itinerary first and are on the Navigator this November. It would take a extremely good itinerary to get us on the Explorer again, while it is a great space it just doesn't seem that you are on a ship.

Hardly "entry-level". We have sailed all of Regent's ships over the years to reach Titanium and still consider the Navigator as our favorite. Yes, it's a smaller (prefer the descriptive word "intimate") vessel so there's no room for another lounge for a musical duo to entertain nor is there space for another specialty restaurant. But that's not a deal-breaker for us. The same crew members seem to be drawn to that ship for repeat contracts, and to us that just adds to the ambience. Yes, the vessel is a bit "older" but that doesn't make it an "entry-level" ship, either. Just our opinion. Seems as though most Regent regulars have their favorite ship, so hopefully Regent won't be selling off any of the vessels in the near future.

I am trying to grasp the concept of "entry level" ship - is it considered to be entry level due to the limited number of large named suites which some passengers insist are the criteria for a luxury ship? There are many people who are quite happy to travel in the "standard" Regent suites and consider the cruise a luxury experience.

I would be quite surprised that any TA would share company statistics with a passenger - generally this type of information is closely guarded.

gnomie :)

Perhaps the person who coined 'entry level' ship might like to elaborate on this?

As soon to be first time Regent cruisers, we are just excited about going but I do know when my DH booked the cruise as a surprise birthday present, it was the itinerary that drew him rather than the ship.

Perhaps the person who coined 'entry level' ship might like to elaborate on this?

As soon to be first time Regent cruisers, we are just excited about going but I do know when my DH booked the cruise as a surprise birthday present, it was the itinerary that drew him rather than the ship.

" Boatmans Lady" - You will have an absolutely great time on your Navigator cruise. Don't dwell too much on the single opinion of just one prolific poster. A lot of people really like the Navigator and really look forward to booking cruises on her. There is no such thing as an "entry level" ship. That statement was inexplicable.

As soon to be first time Regent cruisers, we are just excited about going........

IMO, just ignore the comment about entry level. You will get lines and lines of text repeating things that have already been repeated many times over.

Picking a Regent ship is like picking a bottle of wine. Different people prefer different wines. Enjoy the Navigator. It’s a great ship.