Question related to searching for flights?

vegasdriven

While I understand that some people prefer speaking to Regent Air directly, I like the fact that our TA is in almost daily contact with them and know the right questions to ask and how to get things done. For instance, Regent originally told our TA that we could not book a certain flight and within 24 hours, we were booked on the flight.

The most important thing to me is having it in writing. I see what I wrote to my TA who in turns sends the email to their contact person at Regent. Then I get a preliminary booking for approval and a final notice that we are booked with the Booking I.D. any any other information we need to change seats. While you would get the preliminary booking whether you use your TA or Regent, I want to see my options in writing rather than taking notes while on the phone with Regent.

You certainly can call me TC2 (or Jackie) -- whichever is easier!

Debra, our departure point (Calgary) is also not a Regent gateway, and they just charge us a small fee ($174 each) to fly out of here instead of having to fly out of Vancouver or Toronto. We also pay another deviation fee to choose our preferred routing and airline, especially since we want to get to destination a few days early. A great TA who knows Regent well is priceless (as both Jackie and I know, we use the same one).

Enjoy your cruise! Beware, once you sail Regent, you’re spoiled for anything else!

Hi nanook21. Thanks for the info. I guess the problem is there are no flights from Comox into the States, so whichever way we go we have to hit a Canadian (you can't even go direct to Toronto from here in the winter- maybe over Christmas, though I doubt that, too), airport before our Regent flight begins. I'm afraid we are on the hook for that leg regardless.

Just going to have to suck it up, and pay, though I think I just found a less expensive option with a small local airline, so that is good.

While I understand that some people prefer speaking to Regent Air directly, I like the fact that our TA is in almost daily contact with them and know the right questions to ask and how to get things done. For instance, Regent originally told our TA that we could not book a certain flight and within 24 hours, we were booked on the flight.

The most important thing to me is having it in writing. I see what I wrote to my TA who in turns sends the email to their contact person at Regent. Then I get a preliminary booking for approval and a final notice that we are booked with the Booking I.D. any any other information we need to change seats. While you would get the preliminary booking whether you use your TA or Regent, I want to see my options in writing rather than taking notes while on the phone with Regent.

You certainly can call me TC2 (or Jackie) -- whichever is easier!

Even when i dealt directly with Regent Air everything was done in writing. They sent me a copy of the flight details for my review and approval. I could then call them back and tweak things if i needed to and they would once again send me (and my TA) an email with the details. Once happy I then contacted my TA and confirmed our acceptance by email with her and she confirmed with Regent. Regent Air then sent the TA the confirmation which she forwarded to us.