Goodies in document bag from Windstar

Petoonya

Just received a bag from Windstar. All it had inside were 3 luggage tags and a 2 small dark blue rectangular luggage-tag-sized objects. Can someone tell me what these are? We've already received boarding documents online. I cruise a fair amount with Oceania and never saw anything like these. Thanks.

Just received a bag from Windstar. All it had inside were 3 luggage tags and a 2 small dark blue rectangular luggage-tag-sized objects. Can someone tell me what these are? We've already received boarding documents online. I cruise a fair amount with Oceania and never saw anything like these. Thanks.

Be grateful for getting anything. We sail next week and have been sent nothing other than the emailed docs.

never got anything from Windstar. There is a repeaters party on the ship.

Viking sends nice luggage tags and a choice of many useful travel items if you are a previous cruiser

Viking also does a repeaters party and presents guests with a gift.

It might look odd that I have red Viking tags on my luggage when I board a Windstar cruise.

Ha, ha, ha! Silly me. Just as r&rd said, they ARE luggage tags! No special goodies. I'd almost been treating the wrapped dark blue things like they were tags Xray techs and radiologists wear to measure their monthly intake of radioactive material! Husband came home and unwrapped them and yes indeed they were two fancy luggage tags in addition to the paper luggage tags in the pouch. I was hoping for some candy. All this pre-cruise dieting is making me cranky.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can check in on-line, but you'll still have to wait in line at LAX. The ATN website states that once you've checked in on-line you can just give over your luggage in a separate line, but we did not find any such "baggage only" line for ATN at LAX. Everyone stood in the same line whether they'd checked in on-line or not.

Although, I suppose it's possible that our time at the counter was shorter because we'd checked in already.

The bag really wasn't anything. Reminded me of a canvas pencil case from 3rd grade. It just had luggage tags in it. Miss the days of the fancy cruise documents- was part of the fun/anticipation.

We had the 4pm flight and left our hotel about 1pm. So checked in at ATN at 3 hours prior (excited to get to Tahiti) and there was no line. Had a leisurely lunch, read and people watched for the 3 hours. It went by quickly and flight boarded right on time.

The bag really wasn't anything. Reminded me of a canvas pencil case from 3rd grade. It just had luggage tags in it. Miss the days of the fancy cruise documents- was part of the fun/anticipation.

We had the 4pm flight and left our hotel about 1pm. So checked in at ATN at 3 hours prior (excited to get to Tahiti) and there was no line. Had a leisurely lunch, read and people watched for the 3 hours. It went by quickly and flight boarded right on time.

Lucky you! We arrived at the airport at 1:00 for a 4:00 pm flight and the line was hellacious! LOL. Just shows, you never can tell...