Seven Seas Society question

We will be taking our first cruise in Nov. It is 44 total nights. It's the combination of 3 cruises from Honolulu to Sydney. Looking at the Seven Seas Society rules, it states that when the first cruise is 21 nights or longer that Silver status is immediately recognized upon boarding. Am I reading this correctly? Also would our cruise be considered a single cruise over 21 days or 3 separate cruises?

Second question. When you reach a new status, is it conferred upon boarding the cruise that puts you over the status, or upon completion?

Thanks.

Can't assure you that your 3 B2B cruises will be considered, up front, as one though they ought to be.

WRT to your last question, as of a change several years ago, you are recognized at the new status level at the start of the qualifying cruise.

So, the logical expectation would be that you'll be considered Silver as you board on the first leg. If not, I'd talk to the cruise consultant who is also the Seven Seas Society representative.

From the RSSC website "First-time guests sailing 21 nights or more receive instant recognition at the Silver level". I read it that in a case as that described by the OP he would get immediately Silver status. It doesnt say anything about the nights having to be within a segment , or that they have to be completed before being bestowed . He's "sailing 21 nights or more". Hopefully somebody that has actual experience with this can confirm.

Our experience has been that we receive the benefits of the new level upon boarding.

You need to have your TA check or you call Regent and ask. But if the three b2bs are booked as one cruise then you probably have the Silver benefits upon boarding. That is the way it has worked for us, at least on the Grand voyages.

Margaret & Jim/Papaflamingo; was checking a similar status ? once we board in Miami with our TA & Regent.

As Scott/Portolan, Maria/cruiseluv, cwn post above most likely you will be Silver on boarding.

As Scott indicates above & Regent told me, if your 44 days were booked as separate segments, then you would reach Silver on your second segment. More than likely your b2b2b as booked as one cruise, like our b2b (Miami to Papeete) was booked as one 36 day voyage vs a 22 day voyage and a 14 day voyage. Am thinking you can possibly determine how you voyage was booked by going to your "my account" on the Regent site and seeing if you have one booking # (for 44 days) or three booking #'s.

Hope to see y'all recognized with your new status at the Seven Seas Society party on board Honolulu to Papeete.

Agree that you should become Silver when you board. You may want to write to Jason O'Keefe to verify as he is in charge of the Seven Seas Society in Miami.

Unless something has changed in the past few months, Regent does not recognize those passengers that reach Silver, or Gold status at the Seven Seas Society party. You should receive a "Silver" level pin in your suite during the cruise. When we reached Titanium, we were recognized as well as as two couples turning Platinum.

When you become Gold (which sounds as if it will be sooner rather than later), you will be invited to the event for Gold and above.

Thank you all for the responses. Wes, our account does show the booking as a single cruise. Looking forward to meeting you onboard!

Mikenbob, I love secret handshakes, and I'm ok with hazing as long as alcohol is involved. :)

TC2, That's how I read the policy. Thanks for verifying it. Appreciate the info.

Edited by papaflamingo

• 3 weeks later...

We are Gold and during our next cruise we will have sufficient nights to move to Platinum. It seems we will enjoy Platinum benefits from the start of this cruise. Will our on ship record and presumably key card show us as Gold or Platinum?

We are Gold and during our next cruise we will have sufficient nights to move to Platinum. It seems we will enjoy Platinum benefits from the start of this cruise. Will our on ship record and presumably key card show us as Gold or Platinum?

Yes, your keycard will be different and you should be given a Platinum pin.

Congratulations on reaching “free laundry” level.

As my DH said when we achieved Platinum ........ “do you realize how much it cost for you to get free laundry?”;p

Yes, your keycard will be different and you should be given a Platinum pin.

Congratulations on reaching “free laundry” level.

As my DH said when we achieved Platinum ........ “do you realize how much it cost for you to get free laundry?”;p

George said the same thing.

That means if we took this WC in 2021 we'd be instantly Platinum when we boarded. Hmm. Of course, what with all the WC perks, there's not much left in the way of a benefit, for that cruise, lol!

What about Regent Choice excursions? With Platinum you get a 10% discount, but if you're not platinum until you board, but book in advance...?

Wendy,

we became platinum on this year’s world cruise. We paid full price for pre-booking shore excursions, but once we were on the ship, we cancelled and rebooked with OBC. At that point, we received the 10% reduction.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have never pre-booked paying excursions before sailing and have never found them booked up after boarding. Have we been just lucky or is this the normal situation.

Think that you have just been lucky. While included excursion waitlists often clear, we have been unable to get two Regent Choice excursions since the waitlists did not clear.