Are ripped jeans allowed in the main diningroom

judydoc

I wouldn't wear them and wouldn't let my daughter or granddaughter wear them to dinner no matter how trendy they are. But then I guess i'm older and out of touch. Can't figure out why people pay money for something i'd through in the trash. But to each his own.

Very well said.67ecea7ece5db21f05759e6d3a4237aa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, this cracked me up... those jeans are "luxurious" and "flawlessly tailored"????:

About Kiton Menswear:

Known for luxurious, flawlessly tailored men's apparel, Kiton is a mainstay in classic Neapolitan tailoring, committed to Italian sartorial integrity. Using only the finest materials, Kiton suits, sport coats, and dress shirts are hand-cut and hand-stitched by particular craftsmen. The Kiton line also includes seven-fold neckties and pocket squares.

Kids today.....what with their rock and roll music!! Back in my day............................. ;p

Every generation has folks that think they are better dressed, better behaved etc. than the ones coming up behind them. Not a new phenomenon by any stretch of the imagination.

The answer to the OP is "depends". One thing most cruise lines are consistent on is the inconsistency with which they enforce their own policies and/or guidelines.

Are these younger people wearing these ripped jeans your children?

If so, then what they wear is your decision. Not theirs and not mine. They represent you and your family.

If they are friends of yours and they are asking our opinion,,, most of us would rather they not unless dining up on the Lido deck.

Actually, most of us don't care. I think the question was, does the ship allow it - Not what you think.

Edited by Fitzget

Are these younger people wearing these ripped jeans your children?

If so, then what they wear is your decision. Not theirs and not mine. They represent you and your family.

If they are friends of yours and they are asking our opinion,,, most of us would rather they not unless dining up on the Lido deck.

Wow, I really hit a sensitive subject! I actually agree with a lot of you. I don't pay for ripped jeans but my 40 year old children and theirs do. Just want to forewarn them. You pay more for those rips and holes!! Go figure. Formal nights they will dress to the nines. Its the other times. I am going to suggest they not for all your sakes! ;)

Why not just ignore those that don't follow the suggested dress code? It isn't that hard.

I do ignore those who don't follow the dress code. I couldn't care less what others wear. I also don't care if they're allowed in or not. But I'm not the one coming on Cruise Critic to get some tacit "permission" to wear something that clearly is not in keeping with the suggested dress code. Obviously the OP is worried enough to seek this permission. But if you have to "ask permission" from a group that is in no position to give that "permission," then easily avoid the confrontation and simply wear what the cruise line requests. Then there's no issue, is there? Why make it so difficult that you are going to clearly violate their requests and worry that they may kick you out or not. And if they do? What do you say? "Well gee, Mikew on Cruise Critic said it was ok?"

Just off the Allure yesterday. We asked about the dress code the first night and were informed that they no longer enforce the dress code throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet. They explained that there were too many complaints about folks not getting in so the word came down from the top. Every night, including formal night, there were shorts, baseball caps, and yes...torn jeans as well as a few sleeveless tee's.

Just off the Allure yesterday. We asked about the dress code the first night and were informed that they no longer enforce the dress code throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet. They explained that there were too many complaints about folks not getting in so the word came down from the top. Every night, including formal night, there were shorts, baseball caps, and yes...torn jeans as well as a few sleeveless tee's.

Sad. I miss the good old days when RCCL enforced the dress code.

I miss the good old days when people knew how to dress without being told by someone else what was appropriate.

No kidding. More of the dumbing down of society.

Then again...the fact that people would actually buy jeans (usually expensive) that are all torn up with holes in them and think that those raggy things were some kind of "fashion statement" is equally mind-numbing.

Interesting. People just want their freedom on vacation to dress comfortably and as they see fit. Sounds like their voices have been heard. I'm sure it won't shut up the people who want others to dress only as THEY see fit though. They'll just continue to grumble and commiserate with one another about how wearing jeans, or a t-shirt to dinner is equivalent to having a low IQ and being a complete and total moron with no class, no morals, and no sense of right and wrong!

Interesting. People just want their freedom on vacation to dress comfortably and as they see fit. Sounds like their voices have been heard.

Saying something doesn't make it right. using that logic...a nudist has the same "rights".

The question was specific to the main dining room attire, and while no one can "force" common sense compliance (although we did see someone "ejected" from the MDR once for coming in jean shorts whereby a loud roar of applause was heard)...they say a pig with lipstick on is still...well...you know...

The complaints and whining about social decay are ancient. That the current youth are so much worse than they used to be. Its a perception, not reality.

Socrates stated back in the days of ancient Greece:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise."

The complaints and whining about social decay are ancient. That the current youth are so much worse than they used to be. Its a perception, not reality.

Socrates stated back in the days of ancient Greece:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise."

Sorry to disagree...but it's very real all right. Look at the decay of values in just the past 5 years and it far exceeds the lax in the previous 50.

At every turn, compliance to nearly anything is transitioning to coddling in the name of "rights"..

Mix in some entitlement mentality found in the DNA of many millennials, and you have the formula for a deteriorating society.

Like many other business...cruise line rules are bent or sometimes ignored, standards have turned into "suggestions", and baseline practices have given way to "what some people want".

ostrich-head.jpg

Sorry...couldn't find an ostrich with torn jeans on...

Sorry to disagree...but it's very real all right. Look at the decay of values in just the past 5 years and it far exceeds the lax in the previous 50.

At every turn, compliance to nearly anything is transitioning to coddling in the name of "rights"..

Mix in some entitlement mentality found in the DNA of many millennials, and you have the formula for a deteriorating society.

Like many other business...cruise line rules are bent or sometimes ignored, standards have turned into "suggestions", and baseline practices have given way to "what some people want".

ostrich-head.jpg

Sorry...couldn't find an ostrich with torn jeans on...

Looks like the ostrich is wearing shorts. ;)