How many are already booked for 2018?

Wow loads of you book far in advance! There must be good value to do this? Do you get better promotions and cabins etc or?

We find the best prices for suites (with few exceptions) when the cruise itinerary is first released.

We find the best prices for suites (with few exceptions) when the cruise itinerary is first released.

Oh wow really? So would you identify your ship / area of the world in advance and then wait for the prices to be released? How do you know when they are coming out? I'd love to try cruising in a suite! Any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Oh wow really? So would you identify your ship / area of the world in advance and then wait for the prices to be released? How do you know when they are coming out? I'd love to try cruising in a suite! Any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Notwithstanding certain recent exceptions, Royal usually releases new itineraries in the Spring timeframe. Watch this forum for announcements.

Good info Bob.

We've seen the good (non-obstructed view) Balcony cabins have the best prices upon itinerary release as well,

We've got 2 cruises for 2018 - one family (grandkids for their first cruise) and a bucket list one (out of Sydney). Looking through the 2019 offerings since they were just released.

Many times the first price that is released is the best price that will be available for a cruise, but it's well worth it to constantly monitor your fare until the final payment date. Either book with a TA who will monitor for you or use an automated fare checking program that will email you immediately whenever there is a fare change. We have used the latter method for years and saved an enormous amount of money.

Wow loads of you book far in advance! There must be good value to do this? Do you get better promotions and cabins etc or?

I'm booked for a 24 night TA in 2019 - booked early this summer. My reasoning was to get the suite I wanted. Good thing, as I just checked a few days ago and all of the Panorama Suites (aft wrap suites) are booked. There are only mini-suites and 2 regular suites showing as available, and they are currently priced higher than my PS was. :eek:

How many nights and what’s your longest consecutive stint in there? And how many different continents? I’m enviously impressed. This work thing is a bind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We both worked very hard for 40+ years so now that we are retired we are enjoying life to the fullest.

525 nights with RCCL (70 nights on others)

16-night Transatlantic was the longest

Only three different continents

We both worked very hard for 40+ years so now that we are retired we are enjoying life to the fullest.

525 nights with RCCL (70 nights on others)

16-night Transatlantic was the longest

Only three different continents

Best B2B we ever did was 65 nights from Bayonne, NJ to China. It included the Trans Atlantic, Europe, Suez Canal, Dubai, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Viet Nam and Hong Kong. Ended with a 12 night China land cruise. We have taken longer B2B cruises but this itinerary was by far the very best. We were able to drive to the ship in Bayonne, so the entire trip only required one flight.

I have 10 cruises booked for 2018. Unless something pops up that we cannot resist I am booked through 2018 and have 2 of our 7 night cruises already booked for 2019. One more long cruise for 2019 (probably the President's Cruise if we like the one in 2018) and then still have to book all my short cruises for 2019. Will start booking those after the 1st of the year.