Anyone Experience this Problem on a Royal Caribbean Website Booking?

Okay so I booked a cruise at a pretty good price for Grandeur of the seas on their website a couple weeks ago (I paid the cruise off in full). Today I was looking at the reservation and I noticed a button that says "add crown and anchor number" so I hit that and added all of my family members crown and anchor numbers on the reservation. once I hit the update button after adding the numbers it now says I owe an additional $1423. This seems super frustrating.

Okay so I booked a cruise at a pretty good price for Grandeur of the seas on their website a couple weeks ago (I paid the cruise off in full). Today I was looking at the reservation and I noticed a button that says "add crown and anchor number" so I hit that and added all of my family members crown and anchor numbers on the reservation. once I hit the update button after adding the numbers it now says I owe an additional $1423. This seems super frustrating.

The problem is posted frequently. Hopefully you have your original confirmation. You will have to call C&A and have it corrected.

Same exact thing happened to me. Booked the Grandeur on October 24th and THREE times I have had to call because the dollar amount was all wrong. On the third phone call, I expressed how frustrating this is. We'll see if it happens a fourth time. (I'm sure it will).:rolleyes:

As others have said, Royal's website is terrible and their IT department horrible. This kind of thing happens all the time. Any kind of change to your reservation seems to "set it off". I recently went online to make final payment and found the balance I supposedly owed was suddenly several thousand dollars more than it was supposed to be. The only thing I had changed was to cancel and rebook a single shore excursion (there was a sale and I wanted the substantially lower new price on that). Apparently their computers repriced the entire cruise at current prices rather than just the one shore excursion! Had my original paperwork and a phone call fixed it. But, sheesh, I'd feel afraid to adjust even a dinner reservation now!!!

This crazy thing has even happened to me on their web site and I am a travel agent. Very scary thinking the price actually changed but it really hadn't. I was working on my own reservation and wanted to add our Crown and Anchor numbers and it looked like it had repriced the reservation. It's something they've been working on so just call them and they'll correct everything.

I've been trying to access their website since yesterday. I get the "Sorry, something went wrong" when trying to log in or look at cruises. I called and they said, we'll have it back up in two hours. That was 4 1/2 hours ago. There is something seriously wrong with their website and IT support.....

Happened to us today! we booked last week and went to check today and the final price jumped up by $3,000.00, even the insurance was doubled in price. We called and they apologized and asked us if we had the original amount quoted. Then said that the sale was over. We then asked for a refund and then they corrected the price. Something that I found strange when we booked the cruise was that we never received the receipt online, I had to print it out from their page. That was my only proof. Be very careful!!! at this point I don't know if it's a real website error or an attempt to fraud. Don't trust this company, print out your receipt as soon as you book.

Guest maddycat
Happened to us today! we booked last week and went to check today and the final price jumped up by $3,000.00, even the insurance was doubled in price. We called and they apologized and asked us if we had the original amount quoted. Then said that the sale was over. We then asked for a refund and then they corrected the price. Something that I found strange when we booked the cruise was that we never received the receipt online, I had to print it out from their page. That was my only proof. Be very careful!!! at this point I don't know if it's a real website error or an attempt to fraud. Don't trust this company, print out your receipt as soon as you book.

I always have them email me an invoice. I keep the RCI rep. on the phone until I receive the invoice and check that everything is correct.

The RCI website is archaic, it looks like it's from the 90's. When I booked a few weeks ago, I was shocked at how much of a joke it it is.

After booking, I received no confirmation email. So, I tried to login to my account to make sure everything processed. Well, surprise, a mysterious balance appeared. I emailed them, got a call back and was told that sometimes when you try to view your information while the booking is "processing" the promotional discount will "fall off." The woman applied the discount, and then everything was fine.

So a few things I've learned...do not log in to your account until you receive the confirmation email. Ask the representative to email you a copy of all documents if he/she makes any changes to anything.

Called in again. The problem with website access is browser related. Chrome is not currently working. However, IE will access everything.

When looking at my two bookings, I noticed the price had gone up due to them adding in the gratuities. I have MTD on the cruise. I told the CSR RCI no longer requires grats to be paid upfront on MTD. He acknowledged that and got someone to remove the grats and sent me a new confirmation. The CSR handled the issue very professionally. I wish I could say the same about RCI's IT department.

Had much the same problem in July booked on Oasis of the sea for march 2018 & after presenting to wifie for birthday on the 16 of July she goes on line to get details & it showed up with price increase of $1500. od dollars, called & got agent (took an hour) then given "special deal" with $50 buck per person credit on a different date (wk of our anniversary - so GOOD) now that we are haveing so many health problems (me w/colon cancer, parkinsons, losing sight) called to get $500. deposit cancelled & agent took cancellation & I asked how long it would take to be credited to my card & she said 7-10 days......WAIT......,put me on hold, came back & announced that I had a NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.........I said fine I want the cabin, I will go anyway (thought they were "playing games) Oh, I am so sorry! That cabin is already booked while we were cancelling & checking on your NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT! What a shodddy despicable operation in reservations. They offered me a different cabin instead of my choosing! Never answered my e mail transmitted a week earlier. Disappointed, never treated this manner by ANY other cruise line - LESSON LEARNED USE TRAVEL AGENT, I thought R.C.L. would treat me better?

Oy, husband just changed bedding configuration and fare changed over $1000. On phone with RCCL now, and now rep can’t honor the promotion and he needs a supervisor to fix it.

Both times that I have called for the same reason they have immediately said they need to get a supervisor. I don't think it is in the abilities of the person answering the phone. I only get put on hold for like 3-4 minutes while the supervisor fixes things.

It's better to call.

I always have them email me an invoice. I keep the RCI rep. on the phone until I receive the invoice and check that everything is correct.

Great advise. I also do this and have found differences in booking invoice prices.