Oasis - Dazzles vs. Blaze?

curlymason

Dazzles usually has a live band. They will have different theme nights that may or may not match what is being celebrated on the ship. If they have the 70’s disco night on the promenade then the band at Dazzles will likely play 70’s that night. Sometimes no discernible theme so the band might be playing 50’s or 80’s or country music on a particular night. Usually there is lots of dancing too. The Cruise Compass will usually tell you what type of music is playing where. Also watch the compass for the Solarium (upper deck part) as it will have a dj with current club music once or twice a week. I keep getting those souvenir drink cups that flash like a disco light on those Solarium clubbing nights. The times we’ve popped into Blaze seems to be a younger crowd and not much happening but its likely that we went too early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Blaze tends toward the younger generation, Dazzles to a bit older crowd. Depends where your music taste is. You can easily leave one for the other.

I’d say my musical taste is pretty diverse, but I lean more toward current pop/hip hop for dancing. I’m 37, so I’d probably fall somewhere between the old and young depending on your particular perspective lol.

Dazzles usually has a live band. They will have different theme nights that may or may not match what is being celebrated on the ship. If they have the 70’s disco night on the promenade then the band at Dazzles will likely play 70’s that night. Sometimes no discernible theme so the band might be playing 50’s or 80’s or country music on a particular night. Usually there is lots of dancing too. The Cruise Compass will usually tell you what type of music is playing where. Also watch the compass for the Solarium (upper deck part) as it will have a dj with current club music once or twice a week. I keep getting those souvenir drink cups that flash like a disco light on those Solarium clubbing nights. The times we’ve popped into Blaze seems to be a younger crowd and not much happening but its likely that we went too early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

😂 I have a collection of those blinky cups too!

I’d say my musical taste is pretty diverse, but I lean more toward current pop/hip hop for dancing. I’m 37, so I’d probably fall somewhere between the old and young depending on your particular perspective lol.

On allure, both the crowd and music in Blaze seemed to change around 10-11pm, the crowd and music got younger.

I guess it also depends on the sailing, as we did a back to back, and the first sailing Blaze dancefloor was packed with 20-40s, and the second cruise was way more quite.

Blaze is more of a night club/hip hop club feel - DJ, dark, flashing lights, plush chairs, etc. The dance floor is small but usually full after 11 or so.

Dazzles is more of an R&B/"oldies" (like 70s music and forward)/classic hits club usually with a live cover band. There will be some dancing. As others have said, this crowd tends to skew older, but I'm 39 and my wife is 29 and we hung out there almost every night last month - if Muzik Express is still on board, go. Best band I've seen at sea.

Here are a couple of video (not mine) to give you an idea of the atmospheres

Dazzles:

Blaze:

Blaze is more of a night club/hip hop club feel - DJ, dark, flashing lights, plush chairs, etc. The dance floor is small but usually full after 11 or so.

Dazzles is more of an R&B/"oldies" (like 70s music and forward)/classic hits club usually with a live cover band. There will be some dancing. As others have said, this crowd tends to skew older, but I'm 39 and my wife is 29 and we hung out there almost every night last month - if Muzik Express is still on board, go. Best band I've seen at sea.

Dazzles:

Blaze:

Thank you! That does help! Sounds like Dazzles will be the place to hang out and listen to music and grab a drink, and Blaze will be the dance my feet off spot!

Dazzles:

Blaze:

Muzik express was still in dazzles playing nov 4 when we disembarked. They are great i believe the first time i heard them was on freedom 3 years ago or maybe enchantment. What were the dates you were on oasis mikebtn?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

muzik express was still in dazzles playing nov 4 when we disembarked. They are great i believe the first time i heard them was on freedom 3 years ago or maybe enchantment. What were the dates you were on oasis mikebtn?

10/8/2017-10/14/2017