Just booked SD1 March 2!

Mrs_Tiki

Anyone sailing with us?

And does anyone have experience with staterooms convertible to Commodore Suites set up as regular cabins? Does the removable wall effectively block noise, or is it like being in a hotel room with connecting door?

Our TA has waitlisted us for a regular stateroom, but just in case would like to know what to expect.

I am sure we will have another wonderful SD cruise no matter where we end up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes we have sailed several times in the Commodore conversion cabins set up as individual cabins. Yes there is more noise transfer in these but it mainly depends on your neighbor. Usually when they realize they can hear you too then both parties try to keep it down. Not a deal breaker for us but we do prefer the non convertibles. :cool:

We'll be getting off of SeaDream when you board! My brother and sister-in-law had the convertible room once. I think I remember them not liking that the mattress was low to the ground. Hopefully, you'll get bumped to a regular cabin - otherwise, just have an extra cocktail and you'll sleep like a baby! ;)

Are you going to stay in St. Thomas pre-cruise? It's looking like slim pickings for places to stay post hurricane.

I think I remember them not liking that the mattress was low to the ground.

I think we might have stayed in a convertible suite once, and it probably was on the side where the bed is in the Commodore. Do you mean that the bed that they remove for the Commodore is different? That it doesn't have the same storage compartments?

And, Jim, that must have been quite a vacation.

I think we might have stayed in a convertible suite once, and it probably was on the side where the bed is in the Commodore. Do you mean that the bed that they remove for the Commodore is different? That it doesn't have the same storage compartments?

And, Jim, that must have been quite a vacation.

Yes, Trapper. Some things you just cannot un-hear......:eek:

Thanks for the info. I am really not too bothered with the cabin we have now, but will still hope to improve our lie!

And no, we will not be in St. Thomas pre-cruise. We will fly direct from ATL to STT on embarkation day. (Not my favorite plan, but work schedules require!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums