Guaranteed cabin- Voyager

Would you take a guarantee or no! If no, please explain reasons why?

Looking at a good price (what with the can $ being what it is, and Regent offering the cruise at par). We have done Windstar twice, and loved it, but their pricing right now would make a similar trip come out to about the same, if not a little more, so thought this would be a good time to try something else, and Regent seems like it would be a lovely experience if we could get it for a similar price.

Thanks in advance!

We have had good experiences with GTY suites on Regent in the past and on a couple of occasions have been elevated to the next grade.

Do not know what grade of GTY you are being offered but all the suites H to D on Voyager are the same generous size.

Obviously the downside of a GTY is that you cannot choose the suite location. Voyager has some (minor) vibration at the rear of the ship; this bothers some but not all guests.

If this is your first cruise on Regent then a) book through a TA experienced in Regent bookings and b) make use of the Ambassador programme (https://www.rssc.com/ambassador); if you do not know previous Regent guests then someone on here will be happy to act as referee.

Have a great cruise if you make the booking :cool:

If your talking about a guarantee cabin and you are willing to take any cabin they give and not pick your own cabin choice - then yes. I personally wouldn't because I want to pick the cabin I want including the location of that cabin. But that's me.

Some people are very bothered by the aft vibration on Voyager and avoid aft suites. At times the vibration can be significant while at other times you hardly notice it. While I would recommend a "guarantee" on Mariner or Explorer, I hesitate to recommend it for Voyager or Navigator,

Some people are very bothered by the aft vibration on Voyager and avoid aft suites. At times the vibration can be significant while at other times you hardly notice it. While I would recommend a "guarantee" on Mariner or Explorer, I hesitate to recommend it for Voyager or Navigator,

There is always some degree of risk with a GTY suite on any of the ships e.g. being located under the Pool Deck with the possibility of noise.

On Mariner there is the risk of being allocated one of the suites with a shower/bath combo.

However, as I said before, we have always had the good fortune to be allocated a good suite in a reasonable location.

Mind you, maybe I should be careful what I say as we have a GTY on our first voyage on Navigator next year :eek:; we will have to wait to see how that turns out!

You take your chances. In the past I would have said that I would never accept a guarantee on Voyager or Navigator, at least for the lower, standard cabins. That's because both ships have vibration issues aft. Not sure if I would stick to that statement now. We had a minimum H GTY on Mariner last year and it turned out fine--we were, however, put in an accessible cabin, which meant some compromises, but the location was great, and we made the cabin work. So, bit of a risk, but depends how adaptable you are.

Thanks for the input so far, everyone. We loved our cabin on Windsurf even though we were in lowest category, and there was some noise at night to do with anchor, and the normal creaking of that type of ship-(gave me a bit of pause the first time I noticed it, but after understanding what it was, I was fine with it). During some rough weather we had the washing machine effect on the portholes which also took some getting used to, but then it was kind of fun and exciting.

So, I guess we're adaptable:whiskey-glass:;)

flossie009, I am going to see a TA tomorrow, and if I decide to book, I would like to take advantage of the ambassador credit. I would appreciate help with that from yourself or anyone who might be interested?

You are welcome.

Hope you can push the TA to a good deal (discount/rebate/OBC and the like).

If you make a booking make sure your TA & Regent are clear that you are a first time customer booking under the Ambassador programme.

(You then have 14 days to submit the referral form on line)

flossie009, I am going to see a TA tomorrow, and if I decide to book, I would like to take advantage of the ambassador credit. I would appreciate help with that from yourself or anyone who might be interested?

Need to stress that you need to use a TA that regularly books Regent cruises. While some TA's are excellent booking regular cruises, you need a TA with expertise in luxury cruising. These TA's will give a rebate on your cruise fare, can give you accurate responses to your questions (including what suites to avoid) and will give you on boar credits on many itineraries. You will not need to push them for benefits - they are automatically offered.

Need to stress that you need to use a TA that regularly books Regent cruises. While some TA's are excellent booking regular cruises, you need a TA with expertise in luxury cruising. These TA's will give a rebate on your cruise fare, can give you accurate responses to your questions (including what suites to avoid) and will give you on boar credits on many itineraries. You will not need to push them for benefits - they are automatically offered.

One should always interview a new TA even a luxury TA. Ask questions and yes, ask if you will get any perks such as OBC, Rebates, tours.

Some agents have loyalty programs and if you are a long time customer you get more benefits. Our agent who is a top seller of all luxury lines is available to us 24&7 and if she is not in anyone will take care of us with pleasure.

Well our TA is not part of a consortium with basic amenities. We have the best and are given more benefits than most it is not a consortiums. I can now get a three upgrade on Regent with their

new offer on the Splendor for upcoming cruises.

Sorry if I had any part of turning this thread into a TA thread. I believe that most of us would not risk having an aft site on Voyager. OTOH, if someone has no issues with a bit of vibration and noise, go for it.

P.S. Since it was brought up, the three category upgrade does not refer to those of us that book upper suites.

Well, went to see a TA today, and she answered all the questions that I had. She helped out with the ambassador credit. I was worried that we would have to take a red eye flight, or deviate to be able to arrive a day early, but she said she can book any flight that is available for us.

We are quite happy with the can$ at par deal, as that really saves us 30%, but she did say due to that there would be no extra on board credit. We can live with that.

We have a week to decide, but I'm sure we will book this cruise, and are very much looking forward to the Regent experience in the Carribean in Jan.

Thanks for all your help, and the welcoming tone. I'm sure I will have many more questions for you all!

Since it looks like the initial thread is closing, I did have a separate question about guaranteed cabins. (I suspect this is the right group to ask it to!)

Basically, I have a GTY cabin that sails out of Venice on August 4th (two weeks) but still have not received a cabin number yet. It this par for the course? I have contacted Regent a couple of times but haven't heard anything back. On other cruise lines when booking a GTY, I generally heard back within two weeks or so. More than anything, just curious to see where our cabin will be (and be able to fill out our luggage tags...)

Thanks!

RK

Well, went to see a TA today, and she answered all the questions that I had. She helped out with the ambassador credit. I was worried that we would have to take a red eye flight, or deviate to be able to arrive a day early, but she said she can book any flight that is available for us.

We are quite happy with the can$ at par deal, as that really saves us 30%, but she did say due to that there would be no extra on board credit. We can live with that.

We have a week to decide, but I'm sure we will book this cruise, and are very much looking forward to the Regent experience in the Carribean in Jan.

Thanks for all your help, and the welcoming tone. I'm sure I will have many more questions for you all!

Hope you follow through with the booking as I am sure you will enjoy being pampered on Regent.

If you opt for a gty then, with luck, you will be allocated a suite in a good location. My optimistic view of gty suite allocations is based on personal experience e.g. our last experience of booking an H gty on Voyager, we have been allocated a G towards the front of the ship on deck 7, which is just fine for us.

If you do find you are in need of my details for the Ambassador form or have any other questions then feel free to email me at susanlloyd9@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by flossie009

Since it looks like the initial thread is closing, I did have a separate question about guaranteed cabins. (I suspect this is the right group to ask it to!)

Basically, I have a GTY cabin that sails out of Venice on August 4th (two weeks) but still have not received a cabin number yet. It this par for the course? I have contacted Regent a couple of times but haven't heard anything back. On other cruise lines when booking a GTY, I generally heard back within two weeks or so. More than anything, just curious to see where our cabin will be (and be able to fill out our luggage tags...)

Thanks!

RK

In some cases you may not be allocated a suite number until you check in. If this happens then you will be supplied with "GTY" luggage tags and the crew will get your luggage to the correct suite using your name.

Enjoy the sail out of Venice; simply beautiful :D