Electric toothbrush

Go-Bucks!

Can you plug in an electric toothbrush to the bathroom outlet? Some cruise lines only allow electric shavers to use the bathroom sockets. Wasn't sure about Oceania.

We have plugged our electric toothbrush into a socket in the room to let it charge then use in the bathroom. Have not tried the shaver outlet.

Can you plug in an electric toothbrush to the bathroom outlet? Some cruise lines only allow electric shavers to use the bathroom sockets. Wasn't sure about Oceania.

I don't use an electric toothbrush. Still isn't the plug the same as an electric razor? It should plug in. If not use the plug by the bed. It's where I plugged in my CPAP machine. Loved the fact there was a socket right there. No need for an extension cord.This was on the Riviera.

We’ve used the outlet in the bathroom to charge our electric toothbrush without a problem. Took some of those removable 3M command strips that have hooks to keep the cord in place and out of the way. We were on the ship for six months and we were never asked not to use that outlet for the toothbrush charger

My husband charged his in one of the room outlets.

Hello, RachelG. I think I've read many of your posts on the Regent thread. Our toothbrush has a travel case into which the brush fits. A charger attaches to the case and we plug it into a socket in the bathroom. The brush charges differently in the case. So far, we have never had a problem with this.

Mary

Hello, RachelG. I think I've read many of your posts on the Regent thread. Our toothbrush has a travel case into which the brush fits. A charger attaches to the case and we plug it into a socket in the bathroom. The brush charges differently in the case. So far, we have never had a problem with this.

Mary

Interesting. I don’t think my husband’s has a travel case. If it came with this, he probably threw it away as I have never seen it.

We’ve used the outlet in the bathroom to charge our electric toothbrush without a problem. Took some of those removable 3M command strips that have hooks to keep the cord in place and out of the way. We were on the ship for six months and we were never asked not to use that outlet for the toothbrush charger

Glad to hear this! I'll also be on the Insignia for 6 months and want to take my electric toothbrush, but was hoping to keep it in the bathroom, not the bedroom. I've never understood why the bathroom outlet says "electric razors only" on many ships....guess I figured that somehow I'd blow a fuse or something by plugging anything else in it. Anyone know why they post this?

Glad to hear this! I'll also be on the Insignia for 6 months and want to take my electric toothbrush, but was hoping to keep it in the bathroom, not the bedroom. I've never understood why the bathroom outlet says "electric razors only" on many ships....guess I figured that somehow I'd blow a fuse or something by plugging anything else in it. Anyone know why they post this?

So jealous that you will be spending 6 months on board. The most time we have been able to spend on a cruise was 1 month. New Jersey to Dubai.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Probably because if they do not say for "shavers only" some idiot would plug in a curling iron or hair in dryer that is higher current & blow the fuse ..

The plugs were probably put in before electric toothbrushes were popular

I am sure charging a low voltage appliance would be fine

I will try my tooth brush this week & see how it goes

My tooth brush will stay charged for almost a week

YMMV

My tooth brush will stay charged for almost a week

YMMV

Mine does too. It does not take long to recharge. I don't do it in the bathroom. I don't keep it plugged in between charges. No need. I use the regular outlet to recharge and then unplug it..

Edited by Charles4515

They hold a charge for at least a week----when we do take ours we charge it in the bedroom-once charged we move the brush into the bathroom until it needs a charge. But know we just take a few brush's with us and us them for a week and toss them---makes for a little less weight in the suitcase.

They hold a charge for at least a week----when we do take ours we charge it in the bedroom-once charged we move the brush into the bathroom until it needs a charge. But know we just take a few brush's with us and us them for a week and toss them---makes for a little less weight in the suitcase.

That is what I have been thinking. For a week or two I should use a manual toothbrush and leave the electric at home. It can’t make a big difference in the long run.

That is what I have been thinking. For a week or two I should use a manual toothbrush and leave the electric at home. It can’t make a big difference in the long run.

I have always left it at home when my cruises have been 7-15 days long....but my next cruise will be 6 months long. I definitely want it then. Sounds like I can plug it into the bathroom outlet...thanks for all the answers!! :D

If anyone had told me that Electric Toothbrushes would be worth 18 posts on Cruise Critic, I would have laughed-

There must be a lesson here, but darned if I know what it is......

There are no lessons to be learned on CC if we're lucky maybe a few helpful hints. laugh and move on

Greetings, from South beach, Cavanac. You are right about the laugh. Now, there are 23 posts on this thread. How do you feel about toothpaste or buttonholes? Oops, I digress. About the helpful hints you mentioned: I use South Beach in my salutation because it is not part of Miami. It is a barrier island off the coast of the USA, albeit by a very short distance. It amuses me that so many people come here and think they are in Miami.

Mary

If anyone had told me that Electric Toothbrushes would be worth 18 posts on Cruise Critic, I would have laughed-

There must be a lesson here, but darned if I know what it is......

Well, Jim or Stan (not sure which one you are).....I know the lesson. It's that no matter how important or trivial a cruising question seems to be, there are kind and thoughtful Cruise Critic members who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with the questioner. The question was important to me and I appreciate the answers....no matter how many there are. :D