Awhfy, Yes, you would really know.

30 years? That's amazing.

H was one for a short while at

Vandenberg in the 70ies.

Wouldn't say it was his favorite

assignment.

Thank you for your service[emoji631][emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

thank you, this was helpful. I think for shoes, i'm going to pack i pair of dressy sandals that work with both of my dresses for formal nights, 1 pair of neutral wedges (i have both nude and black) that work with outfits for other dinners, flip-flops, sneakers that will work for both the theme parks and the gym on the ship. I'm on the fence about maybe bringing 1 more pair of sandals like these for walking on excursions, except mine are more of a light gold.

814yfivztel._sx480_.jpg

Love these sandals....where is the picture?

Edited by Lois R
what happened to the picture?........

Thank you, this was helpful. I think for shoes, I'm going to pack I pair of dressy sandals that work with both of my dresses for formal nights, 1 pair of neutral wedges (I have both nude and black) that work with outfits for other dinners, flip-flops, sneakers that will work for both the theme parks and the gym on the ship. I'm on the fence about maybe bringing 1 more pair of sandals like these for walking on excursions, except mine are more of a light gold.

814yFiVZteL._SX480_.jpg

I wanted to re-post the photo.....I love these sandals!

Awhfy, Yes, you would really know.

30 years? That's amazing.

H was one for a short while at

Vandenberg in the 70ies.

Wouldn't say it was his favorite

assignment.

Thank you for your service[emoji631][emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Government civilian, yup 30 years. Used to teach Dine Like A Diplomat also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want to pack lighter (and not everyone does and that is FINE) the most important thing I've found to change is your mindset. Yes, packing lists help. Yes, being able to visualize your outfits helps (I love some of the wardrobe tools on http://www.theviviennefiles.com/ as have many others here) But until you WANT to pack less, to mix & match and maybe do laundry, to give up on the "what ifs", to arrange all your outfits around one color/one pair of shoes, you're not going to be a lighter packer. Or at least, not a happy one;p.

I’ve been packing a Whatever’s Clean wardrobe for years. Mine is basically neutral (navy) bottoms and a few (pattern) cardigans with several (solid color) tops that go with all the bottoms and cardigans.

I’ve been packing a Whatever’s Clean wardrobe for years.

I tend more to the 4X4 template ;-) Did it for our Asia cruise - black & white were the neutrals, with the accents in turquoise & cobalt. Worked great! Haven't decided if I'm using a template for Alaska at the end of August- pretty much everything is black, so I guess it's a Whatever's Clean :')

Do most ships have self serve laundry available? Also, any trouble getting prescriptions filled for enough days for long cruises?

Hi, yes, most ships have self-service laundry service but you might call your particular cruise line to confirm it.

As for meds? How long will you be away? I would call whatever pharmacy you use and speak with them. They may tell you to call your Dr's office but I would check with the pharmacy first.

Do most ships have self serve laundry available? Also, any trouble getting prescriptions filled for enough days for long cruises?

Ask for a vacation supply of meds from your pharmacist and insurance company. We were able to get several months this way. Talk to your doctor about other ways to get a large supply if you need more- ie double dosages (twice a day instead of once a day) or double pill sizes that are cut in half (20mg pills when 10mg are needed) .

There is already some amazing information here so I will not add my thoughts other than to say that packing in just a carry on has been a life changer for me in so many ways...most of of the reasons have already been stated. I'm a plus sized gal, so anyone can do it with practice. I pretty much only re-wear my bottoms....three hours at dinner does not qualify them as dirty to me. As a light packer, I did want to add to those of you that might be considering packing lighter that I have been recently buying timeless/capsule pieces from Amazon. I just bought two more blouses and one of the lines I have been buying from is called *Daily Ritual*. I bought a dress which I will post from the line that received all sorts of compliments in my office. It's very simple and can be dressed up all sorts of ways. They wash very well and I've just sprayed something like Krud Kutter on them if I have gotten a grease based stain on them. They have some other lines as well....takes a little time to go through them, but I have been happy with all I have purchased...and they would all fold very *Marie Kondo* like! :)

https://amzn.to/2MotKDd

There is already some amazing information here so I will not add my thoughts other than to say that packing in just a carry on has been a life changer for me in so many ways...most of of the reasons have already been stated. I'm a plus sized gal, so anyone can do it with practice. I pretty much only re-wear my bottoms....three hours at dinner does not qualify them as dirty to me. As a light packer, I did want to add to those of you that might be considering packing lighter that I have been recently buying timeless/capsule pieces from Amazon. I just bought two more blouses and one of the lines I have been buying from is called *Daily Ritual*. I bought a dress which I will post from the line that received all sorts of compliments in my office. It's very simple and can be dressed up all sorts of ways. They wash very well and I've just sprayed something like Krud Kutter on them if I have gotten a grease based stain on them. They have some other lines as well....takes a little time to go through them, but I have been happy with all I have purchased...and they would all fold very *Marie Kondo* like! [emoji4]

https://amzn.to/2MotKDd

DD has something similar from Old Navy plus sizes. V neck tank style LBD.

Carryon can be done if plus sized. Her best achievement to date has been being limited to one 7k carryon (no purse) in a puny plane in Europe in February. Thankfully it was a three night trip.

Her last Euro trip she took two large suitcases and a carryon because she was bringing US stuff to all of her exPat friends.

Edited by SadieN

• 2 weeks later...