"Detourist Program"???

RMM34667

Just finished my post cruise survey. Last 2 questions were about their Detourist Program. Can anyone explain that? Google search didn't find anything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I saw these activities listed in the Patter on my May 26 Caribbean Princess cruise. I only attended the first session, so I’m by no means an expert. I would say it’s a series of workshops designed to get you out of your comfort zone and perhaps see the world in a different way. These are the workshops that were offered: The Curiosity Advantage: Bootcamp to Boost the Curious Mind; Conversation Craft: Workshop for Artful Dialogue; Dare to Dare: Scavenger Hunt for Experience Junkies; Curious Photography: Explore the World through a New Lens; a collective art installation; and a story telling workshop. Unfortunately many of these conflicted with other activities I was doing, but I’m hoping this will be offered on my upcoming Hawaii cruise so I participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received an email a few weeks ago for our July sailing that I think dealt with this. They were offering excursions where you helped out the community. Like cleaning a beach of trash, helping to build a school, cut back plants along a trail. I have deleted it so don't remember the specifics, and nothing like this shows as options on my personalizer

I received an email a few weeks ago for our July sailing that I think dealt with this. They were offering excursions where you helped out the community. Like cleaning a beach of trash, helping to build a school, cut back plants along a trail. I have deleted it so don't remember the specifics, and nothing like this shows as options on my personalizer

That’s actually Fathom. I wrote a separate post detailing those experiences. I could see how there is some confusion between the two.

There was a brochure about it in our cabin on our May 26th cruise. I scanned over it, had no interest, and paid no attention to any references in the Patter. From what I recall, the post KCsealegs sums it up.

That’s actually Fathom. I wrote a separate post detailing those experiences. I could see how there is some confusion between the two.

Yes, that is what I received. I wish my DH could participate in "moderate activity" excursions, because it sounded like an interesting change.

• 3 weeks later...

We participate in Fathom community impact activities when we can...four times in all, twice on Princess ships. Fabulous experiences!! Reference www.fathom.org for more info and future Fathom activity dates on Princess. The Detourist ad campaign is a little weak. We are just off the CB yesterday after participating in many outstanding Fathom activities. The Caribbean Princess has a Detourist "office" in Club Fusion with printed brochures but there is no one around to answer questions, so people leave. Also, using

#thedetourists gets you nowhere online. Potentially a fabulous idea, but sadly off to a weak start.

Can anyone share what they may have learned at a "detourist" talk onboard?

We stopped at Amber Cove on the Crown last year and the detourist was one of the excursions offered. Most likely because the Fathom used to stop there.

Yes, I suspect they will be merging.

Just finished my post cruise survey. Last 2 questions were about their Detourist Program. Can anyone explain that? Google search didn't find anything.

Seems it must be what desurvey wants to know from depassenger after debarking deship.

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds more like an E Tourist!

Although this sounds like a very noble cause I'll be darned if I'm spending $300 PP PD on a cruise ship to do this.