09.15AM flight from Quebec after O/N - too early??

dani negreanu

Our cruise in September overnights in Quebec.

Flights don't look so good back to New York -- either that 09.15 or 1.15PM, nothing in between, all through Toronto.

How early can we disembark, clear customs and immigration (we have Israeli passports) ??

Thanks for any advice, Dani

You will clear customs/immigration at the 1st Canadian port

If you are overnighting you may be able to get off early morning on day 2

You could pre book a taxi for 6am or there abouts

I would confirm with the cruise line before booking your flight

Thanks.

To clarify -- confirm that we can debark as early as 6AM, or that we've already cleared customs on the 1st Canadian port?

I would contact the cruise line to be sure you can disembark early am but if you are there the day before it should not be an issue but best check with the cruise line

You will clear Immigration the first day in Quebec City or if you stop at a Canadian port before that like Halifax

Flights don't look so good back to New York -- either that 09.15 or 1.15PM, nothing in between, all through Toronto.

You should be able to route thru Montreal/YUL - which would be much preferable both in terms of time and connection (I personally avoid YYZ as much as possible). Plus there are many more flights between YQB and YUL.

If you want a non-stop, look at Delta to JFK or United to EWR.

I would contact the cruise line to be sure you can disembark early am but if you are there the day before it should not be an issue but best check with the cruise line

You will clear Immigration the first day in Quebec City or if you stop at a Canadian port before that like Halifax

You should be able to route thru Montreal/YUL - which would be much preferable both in terms of time and connection (I personally avoid YYZ as much as possible). Plus there are many more flights between YQB and YUL.

If you want a non-stop, look at Delta to JFK or United to EWR.

Thank you both for your quick and detailed replies. Much appreciated. I wasn't aware of the YUL option.

Tried Delta, but no Delta flight out of YQB on September 20th:(.

United - they want 1600$ for a non-stop one way ticket from YQB to EWR -- weird :o

Thank you both for your quick and detailed replies. Much appreciated. I wasn't aware of the YUL option.

Tried Delta, but no Delta flight out of YQB on September 20th:(.

United - they want 1600$ for a non-stop one way ticket from YQB to EWR -- weird :o

Hi,

I don't know if you have booked your flight yet but I did a quick search with Skyscanner (a search engine for flights with no commission). For Sept 20th, I found several one way flights to NY with changes in Montreal with WestJet for less than 300 CAD.

Here is the link if you want to do your search:

https://www.skyscanner.ca/

Hi,

I don't know if you have booked your flight yet but I did a quick search with Skyscanner (a search engine for flights with no commission). For Sept 20th, I found several one way flights to NY with changes in Montreal with WestJet for less than 300 CAD.

Here is the link if you want to do your search:

https://www.skyscanner.ca/

Thanks, Jolie, I very much appreciate the time you took to look flights for me, and to provide the link.

Yes, I've bit the bullet and booked the 9.30 flight westjet through Montreal. I didn't know u have to pay 6 CAD for choosing a seat on the first leg, so the total is 303 CAD pp (225$). Now, let's hope we can leave the ship early....

No problem, my pleasure. Maybe you are aware of this already, but WestJet will charge you 25 CAD to check in your suitcase. Although the flight is international (to the USA) all airlines, not only WestJet, have been charging to check in suitcases for many years now.