Dressy crops

Point is Regent should adhere to its own dress code and enforce it if it matters to them.

Agree with you - Regent should enforce their dress code. However, when someone new to Regent asks about the dress code, it seems only right to give them information based on the dress code. While "dressy crops" is not specifically addressed in the dress code, in the opinion of some, unless you are short and it comes to your ankles, it is better to wear regular slacks.

"The opinion of some" is not what matters. What matters is what the stated dress code is and that says nothing about women's pants having to be full length. From my observations many women wear both cropped and ankle length slacks which is what the OP asked about.

Okay - so based on my personal experience (31 Regent cruises), there may be one or two women in cropped pants in CR at night. On many cruises there is no one wearing them. There are also people that are wearing shorts or jeans in the lounges after 6:00 p.m. and are asked to change after finishing their drink. We do not look for dress code violations, however, when someone is wearing something that is not typical, they stand out like a sore thumb.

Regent mentions slacks - which by definition means long pants. The dress code states "Dinner dress includes skirt, or slacks with blouse or sweater, pant suit or dress for ladies; slacks and collared shirt for gentlemen. " If Regent meant capris, they would say so.

Styles change. 5 years ago, I would have never worn capris or cropped pants to the office. I do it all the time now. They are in fashion. And as I said before, I wear them all the time on Regent to dinner, with a dressy blouse and heels with no issues. I would not wear jeans of any kind to dinner though.

Styles change. 5 years ago, I would have never worn capris or cropped pants to the office. I do it all the time now. They are in fashion. And as I said before, I wear them all the time on Regent to dinner, with a dressy blouse and heels with no issues. I would not wear jeans of any kind to dinner though.

The style must be so new that we haven't seen it yet (or at least not much of it). However, I certainly believe what you are saying but think that "dress capris or cropped pants" need to be included in Regent's dress code if they are considered acceptable since the definition of "slacks" hasn't changed.

Interestingly, although I do wear them during the day, in general I find that it make shorter women look dumpy (unless you are extremely thin) and are not flattering. The long, slim pants on the other hand, give a sleeker look and can be worn by just about anyone.

The style must be so new that we haven't seen it yet (or at least not much of it). However, I certainly believe what you are saying but think that "dress capris or cropped pants" need to be included in Regent's dress code if they are considered acceptable since the definition of "slacks" hasn't changed.

Interestingly, although I do wear them during the day, in general I find that it make shorter women look dumpy (unless you are extremely thin) and are not flattering. The long, slim pants on the other hand, give a sleeker look and can be worn by just about anyone.

Go look at katespade.com. (My current favorite brand.) Nearly all the pants are cropped.

Go look at katespade.com. (My current favorite brand.) Nearly all the pants are cropped.

I went there and see what you mean. Then I went to Chicos.com which is where I do a lot of shopping. There are pants and crops (do not know the difference between crops and capris - assume that one is shorter?). The ones that I am referring to are below the knee (way above ankle). The ankle length ones look fine - it its the old "pedal pusher" look that I don't feel looks good. In any case, with your figure, you could wear anything;p

I went there and see what you mean. Then I went to Chicos.com which is where I do a lot of shopping. There are pants and crops (do not know the difference between crops and capris - assume that one is shorter?). The ones that I am referring to are below the knee (way above ankle). The ankle length ones look fine - it its the old "pedal pusher" look that I don't feel looks good. In any case, with your figure, you could wear anything;p

Awww! You are so sweet.

I agree about pedal pusher style capris. Would not wear those in the evenings.

We have a saying in our house. I will sometimes see something my DH does not (or vice versa) and we say (with humor) “just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there”. Seems to fit here. I see many lovely cropped pants on women in my professional circles and saw many on our Mariner cruise in April.

Then I went to Chicos.com which is where I do a lot of shopping.

;p

Travelcat, I enjoy reading your posts very much, and I aspire to cruise in style like you. Now I see you shop at my favorite store, Chicos! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Travelcat, I enjoy reading your posts very much, and I aspire to cruise in style like you. Now I see you shop at my favorite store, Chicos! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So good to hear that you enjoy my posts. On top of that you have great taste in clothes:D.

Egad! I certainly hope you weren't thinking "pedal pusher" when I said crops and heels:eek::eek::eek:

styles change. 5 years ago, i would have never worn capris or cropped pants to the office. I do it all the time now. They are in fashion. And as i said before, i wear them all the time on regent to dinner, with a dressy blouse and heels with no issues. I would not wear jeans of any kind to dinner though.

+1.

Here in the NYC area we have been wearing crops and heels (platforms during the day and either kitten heels or stilettos in the evening) for years (definitely longer than 5).

I have no issue wearing them for Board meetings, though I would likely pair with a blazer. In the evening fun tops, jewelry and cool shoes.

Egad! I certainly hope you weren't thinking "pedal pusher" when I said crops and heels:eek::eek::eek:

Yes - that is what I was thinking.:halo: Think that there needs to be a definition - even if only for the purpose of this thread - between pants that come to your ankles (which on most websites that I visit are still considered "pants") and the "pedal pusher" type pants that come an inch or two below the knees. The pants that come to your ankles look great with heels but the other type - not so much. In my opinion, "pedal pushers" with heels would look about as good as the photo that I pasted of a man wearing a shorts suit (or whatever they are called).