MSC cruise reservation cancelled by Travel agent

RorOMoOd

Hi All,

I am totally upset and surprised. When I was trying to make my final payment, i discovered that my reservation is cancelled even though the due date is not yet come. I have contacted the cruise direct which is the travel agent and they have admitted that the reservation was cancelled by mistake due to an error in the system. They have contacted the MSC cruise line and found the the cabin is lost and cruise is sold out. I already made my arrangements with regard to airfare tickets and hotels. They were searching for another sailing with similar dates and ports and could not find. Now about 4 days when they had esclated the issue to MSC and no reply or updates on it. Please advise if this had happened to any one before.

This is why you always go through a professional travel agency, in this case the cruise line is at fault and the cruise is sold out, maybe they will wait list you.
Where in the original post was it stated that it was the cruise line's fault. I interpreted that fault lay with the travel agency.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

RorOMoOd,

Please do me a favor and look at your original deposit on your bank or credit card statement. Was the charge made by Cruise Direct or by MSC Cruises? If it was paid to Cruise Direct, they dropped the ball and never paid MSC your deposit which caused the cancellation. If your statement shows the charge was to MSC Cruises, then I will buy the "error in the system". Though rare, it has happened to clients of mine and was the fault of the home office in Italy. At least you will know whom to be mad at. As well you should be.

Bret