Can new offer be added to current reservation

phissy

wondering of new offer on MSC site can be added to our reservation. We are far out and not within final payment timeframe .

It is specific to a ship and itinerary . We booked through a TA, do they need to facilitate the inquiry?

Thanks so much, in advance.

Yes .... I did it for an upcoming reservation but with MSC, there always appears to be a catch!

I was able to add the promotion but I lost my cabin ... they said that someone else booked it while they did the change!

I was rebooked in a slightly less desirable location ... not happy but I got the added perks.

Yes .... I did it for an upcoming reservation but with MSC, there always appears to be a catch!

I was able to add the promotion but I lost my cabin ... they said that someone else booked it while they did the change!

I was rebooked in a slightly less desirable location ... not happy but I got the added perks.

what catch? any cruise line will tell you that you can loose your cabin. I did it with HAL and it was same.

wondering of new offer on MSC site can be added to our reservation. We are far out and not within final payment timeframe .

It is specific to a ship and itinerary . We booked through a TA, do they need to facilitate the inquiry?

Thanks so much, in advance.

You can not add anything on any cruise line. You can cancel your booking and re book. If this cruise is on high demand you may loose your cabin . Yes, only your TA can do it.

what catch? any cruise line will tell you that you can loose your cabin. I did it with HAL and it was same.

Actually, any cruise line won't tell you that....

I have considerably more experience than you have and refaring before final payment has never been an issue on any cruise line.

I have literally done it half a dozen times on HAL.

I agree that your travel agent has to do it but simply request to be on the line when your travel agent makes the call.

What were the added perks you got?

If this is before your final payment date, then yes, you can make changes. And there is no reason to lose your cabin unless the promotion is limited to certain cabin categories. A decent cruise/travel agent can quickly take care of the changes. We have been cruising for over forty years and this kind of thing is quite routine.

Hank

You can not add anything on any cruise line. You can cancel your booking and re book. If this cruise is on high demand you may loose your cabin . Yes, only your TA can do it.

I have added promotions on previous non MSC cruise lines without canceling and rebooking.

Perhaps your experience has been different, but what you said is not correct .... much like your saying duty free liquor is not sold on European cruises. Maybe it would be better to speak to your experience rather than make sweeping statements that just aren't true.

I have added promotions on previous non MSC cruise lines without canceling and rebooking.

Perhaps your experience has been different, but what you said is not correct .... much like your saying duty free liquor is not sold on European cruises. Maybe it would be better to speak to your experience rather than make sweeping statements that just aren't true.

Both Norwegian and MSC couldn't sell duty free alcohol in the Mediterranean, due to Govt. regulations

My experience today with a MSC agent. My cruise is next Feb so far out from final payment. I noticed a price drop ($600) so I called to ask if I could have it re-priced and retain everything else as original booking. Was informed that they had to cancel the original booking ( with some questioning on my part with the agent) and there was the possibility of losing my cabin while creating the new booking number. I was able to keep the same cabin with the "new" booking which was very important to me (aft cabin). I got the confirmation email that appears to have all the correct info, along with a new booking number. Will be interesting to see if my original deposit gets refunded as promised, and see how the booking appears on the website on my account.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Both Norwegian and MSC couldn't sell duty free alcohol in the Mediterranean, due to Govt. regulations

That would depend on the itinerary. The problem occurs when a ship never leaves the EU...which is the case for many cruises out of Barcelona. But if you have a stop in a non-EU place such as Gibraltar...then they can duty-free booze and goods. That being said, our experience in the past few years has been that most cruise line's sell duty free booze at prices that can equal or even be higher then in my own State which has expensive booze with 23% of various taxes. While a shop may indeed not pay Duty on the products they sell (hence they are duty free) that does not mean they will sell those goods at a fair price :).

I will give you another specific example. We live in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for part of the year. Our airport (PVR) has an extensive Duty-Free shop where they sell all kinds of booze including lots of Tequilias. I can buy any of those same products in downtown PV for substantially less money even though the stores are not Duty Free. In fact, Sam's, Costco and Walmart all sell their booze at far lower prices then at the "Duty Free" store.

If you want to get a good deal on booze in Europe, book a cruise that stops in Gibraltar :).

Hank

What I say is correct when conversation about certain ports and certain destination. :rolleyes: