Explorer: What Restaurant is Oen for Lunch Embarkation and Wifii Question

llam

Hi-We will be traveling on the Explorer this July and two questions:

What restaurants are open for lunch embarkation day?

I understand that we will have complimentary Wi-Fi and that one tablet/computer can log on per suite based on the category we booked. My question is, can my DH log on, on his IPAD and I log on, on the ships computer in the business center (ships guest computer) at the same time?

La Veranda and the Pool Grill will be open for lunch on the day of embarkation.

In terms of Wi-Fi, only one of you can be logged on - whether it be on your own device or a computer in the Business Center or Library.

Hi-We will be traveling on the Explorer this July and two questions:

What restaurants are open for lunch embarkation day?

I understand that we will have complimentary Wi-Fi and that one tablet/computer can log on per suite based on the category we booked. My question is, can my DH log on, on his IPAD and I log on, on the ships computer in the business center (ships guest computer) at the same time?

You could always bring a personal hot spot, log into Regents system with that and then connect to that with however many devices you want. Unfortunately unless things have changed while the Explorer might be a newer ship its WiFi system is decidedly not.

In terms of Wi-Fi, only one of you can be logged on - whether it be on your own device or a computer in the Business Center or Library.

Can I just clarify this?

Am I reading this right, that as long as only one device is logged on at a time, you can access wifi with multiple devices?

For example, I can log on with my phone in the morning and as long as I log out, I can then log on with my laptop in the evening?

Can I just clarify this?

Am I reading this right, that as long as only one device is logged on at a time, you can access wifi with multiple devices?

For example, I can log on with my phone in the morning and as long as I log out, I can then log on with my laptop in the evening?

That's correct .... you can use as many devices as you want but can only be logged in to one at a time. Once you become a Gold Seven Seas Society member, you will get two logins.

Or book in Concierge. Then you get four logins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're right and you actually get four logins when you are Gold - not two. With how slow the internet can be, I wonder if the four logins is really such a good idea. I'm online a lot and don't need to be on more than one device at a time.

Or book in Concierge. Then you get four logins.

Interesting. Last I looked my room only had a single login available. Now it too has four. It should be interesting to see how much bandwidth I can get while two junior woodchucks try to incessantly stream YouTube videos.

Interesting. Last I looked my room only had a single login available. Now it too has four. It should be interesting to see how much bandwidth I can get while two junior woodchucks try to incessantly stream YouTube videos.

Good luck with streaming anything! If it works, let us know and we may all faint:halo:

Good luck with that. DW and I watched(or tried to) some short videos and I don’t think we made it through any without some buffering pauses.

Also if you use a VPN it’s probably best to leave it turned off until after you get logged in to the ship’s WiFi.

We just got off Explorer and had 4 logins (Gold Member). I actually thought the Wi-Fi was decent. All past experiences were horrible on any ship. The Explorer must have newer and more efficient equipment as all four of our devices were able to use the internet with little exception. We didn’t do any major streaming, but sending texts and emails and websites were just fine. They also offer a streaming service which allows for video streaming for an additional $9.99 a day. Hard pressed to think that would be any good but they claim it works well.

You can stream on other lines as said by posters.

We were on Explorer in the Med in May. Gold rewards included two logins. For $10 per day you get faster speed which was almost as good as at home.