Hawaii cruises

maggieq

so with a few choices now for 2019. Wondering which time of year and ship to go on. I have looked at the Hawaii board and honestly not much info is there. Since there are only a couple of cruises per year, the reviews are limited. Can anyone share their experience and what time of year is recommended. Many thanks!

Maggie 2 options April or October, We have a friend living in Oahu, she says that the best time to go is in October, it's when is less hot and less rain. We booked the Eclipse B2B2B Boarding September 22 at Vancouver and ending the vacation Oct 20 at Los Angeles

Gerardo

Maggie 2 options April or October, We have a friend living in Oahu, she says that the best time to go is in October, it's when is less hot and less rain. We booked the Eclipse B2B2B Boarding September 22 at Vancouver and ending the vacation Oct 20 at Los Angeles

Gerardo

Thanks! I was thinking about the Solstice in September. We don’t mind the heat but less rain would be great.

We have done this cruise 3 times with a fourth booked for April 2019. We have done RCL once and the rest are with Celebrity. We enjoy the weather in the fall in Hawaii. On the down side, when going through checkin in Vancouver you will have to go through Canadian and United State customs before check in. It is a great cruise.

We sailed to Hawaii last October from Seattle to Vancouver on HA. Ship left last day of Sept. Seas were calm. The last few days sailing were much cooler. Hawaii weather.. upper 70s very pleasant! Was a wonderful trip.. Very relaxing!!

I've lived in Hawaii since 1995 and have found the summer is the best weather. The tradewinds blow 90 percent of the time in the summer and 50 percent in the winter and with the a ocean a range of 75 to 81 as our weatherman says here when the trades blow its the best weather on the planet.:cool:

When do they release or did they release the RT to Hawaii? I knew, but lost that information.

For October 27, 2019 was released first days of December 2017, I think for 2020 would be next November/December

We just returned from the Honolulu to Vancouver on the Solstice cruise a few weeks ago, and would definitely recommend it. The three islands we visited, Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii all had great weather and no rain at all when we were there. There was the earthquake as an added bonus. We are from central Canada and had never experienced anything like that before. Don't know how the lava flow is impacting tourism at this point, but they were downplaying the effect at that time. Many more homes are being affected now. The 5 sea days could be challenging for some, but there were lots of activities to keep us occupied. The 3rd sea day had 5m waves, but that was the only time I felt a bit queasy, and I ate lightly, but didn't fast completely. One sea day was cloudy and cool, but we still went in the hot tub. I appreciate how unique the islands are in the world now, and I hope to return some day.

Thinking of the April cruise of the islands ending in Vancover, any advice or thoughts.

J.

We are booked on the Eclipse for April 29 2019 from the islands ending in Vancouver. It's going to be a great cruise and we haven't even been on it yet :D

We are booked on the Eclipse for April 29 2019 from the islands ending in Vancouver. It's going to be a great cruise and we haven't even been on it yet :D

We are booked on that cruise as well. Join our Roll Call at the following link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2578977&page=3

Look to see you there......

We’ve done the April Solstice Hawaii to Vancouver & found the last 3 sea days pretty cool. We’re booked on September Eclipse from Vancouver to Hawaii in 2019. Great cruise, lots to do or nothing, your choice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We spent a very busy and wonderful week in Hawaii in April 2016, then boarded the Celebrity Solstice for an incredible 10 night cruise to Vancouver. Absolutely loved the restful sea days!

We are looking forward to the opposite cruise in a couple years.

We’ve done the April Solstice Hawaii to Vancouver & found the last 3 sea days pretty cool. We’re booked on September Eclipse from Vancouver to Hawaii in 2019. Great cruise, lots to do or nothing, your choice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My take is half with lots to do cruising the islands, half with nothing to do on the transit. Best of both worlds.....

Both times on Summit. #1 was in May and we flew to Honolulu for an 11 day cruise that ended in Vancouver with 5 sea days. Hated the 9 hour flight from Chicago to HA. Weather was great and sea days absolutely calm.

#2 was in January and was a RT from LA. Four sea days going and coming with 6 days in the islands. Loved it. Weather in HA was terrific but it was cold first and last 2 sea days.

Sue

We chose the April Solstice sailing...four days pre-cruise in Honolulu. We loved the islands and then the five sea days to Vancouver were beyond relaxing. We decided that we wanted to get the long Chicago to Honolulu flight "out of the way"...it was then just four hours back home from Vancouver. The weather was perfect 4/22 thru 5/6.

We did the Solstice cruise in April Honolulu to Vancouver and the weather and crossing could not have been better. We had maybe 5 minutes of rain the entire time, in the islands and back up to Vancouver and the seas were very calm. Of course anything can change at any time but that was our experience.

Janine

• 3 weeks later...

There are weather trade-offs between the Spring and the Fall, but I consider them to be minor and also not entirely predictable these days. Choose whichever time period and itinerary works best for you. Also, when it's "hot" in Hawaii, it's not like "hot" in Southern California or Arizona (where it will get over 100), or horribly humid like in parts of the Southeastern US.

We use Celebrity (eight out of twelve cruises so far) unless there is an itinerary which suits us better. We don’t enjoy lots of sea days, so rather than leaving from the west coast we flew to Hawaii and had a week on NCL’s Pride of America visiting the main islands. It is a lovely ship (I believe it has recently been refurbished since we were on it) with an all American crew. We had four nights in Waikiki before the cruise which gave us the opportunity to explore Oahu and be first in line when Pearl Harbour opened (which, incidentally, was very moving and wonderfully presented).

I appreciate your enquiry asked about X, but I hope it might help if I provided an alternative perspective on a Hawaiian cruise. Whatever you choose I am sure you will love it. By the way we were there in January and the weather was perfect. Hot, but not too hot.

We have done Hawaii cruise 5 times with X. Both ways and RT. In 2015 we left from Vancouver. First 4 days it rained. We were in aft suite and no overhang. That was in Sept.

We are going again in April 2019 on the Solstice. I like starting in Honolulu.

Hawaiian air has F/C seats that have lay flat beds on some of their planes. We booked early to get those. Prices were reasonable. :cool:

• 2 months later...
I've lived in Hawaii since 1995 and have found the summer is the best weather. The tradewinds blow 90 percent of the time in the summer and 50 percent in the winter and with the a ocean a range of 75 to 81 as our weatherman says here when the trades blow its the best weather on the planet.:cool:

What is the temperature (rain) in May?

Gerardo

Our group of 4 is on that first leg from Vancouver to Hawaii on 9/22. We are really looking forward to the extended sea time in Aqua Class. See you on board!