Aqua class...eat in MDR?

ckmommy72

I apologize if this is a really silly question, but if you book Aqua class, can you eat in the MDR in addition to eating in Blu (not in the same night)? We currently have a Concierge class cabin booked and are considering upgrading to Aqua class, mostly because we have looked at some menus for Blu and we really like what we see and think we'd enjoy eating there.

I'm just wondering if we are allowed to eat in the MDR should we decide something on the menu looks really good that night, or decide that we'd like a change of scenery. Not sure it would even come up but just want to be aware of what our options are.

Thanks!

I apologize if this is a really silly question, but if you book Aqua class, can you eat in the MDR in addition to eating in Blu (not in the same night)? We currently have a Concierge class cabin booked and are considering upgrading to Aqua class, mostly because we have looked at some menus for Blu and we really like what we see and think we'd enjoy eating there.

I'm just wondering if we are allowed to eat in the MDR should we decide something on the menu looks really good that night, or decide that we'd like a change of scenery. Not sure it would even come up but just want to be aware of what our options are.

Thanks!

Yes, you can. Just check with the Matre'd and they will find you a table. When we were in Blu and saw something on the MDR that we liked, they would get it for us. It's a little more difficult on the S-Class ships since the dining rooms are not connected, but they can do it. A lot easier on the M-Class ships since the kitchens are close together.

I would go for Blu and upgrade. It's a nice, quite dining experience compared to the MDR.

Yes, you can. Just check with the Matre'd and they will find you a table. When we were in Blu and saw something on the MDR that we liked, they would get it for us. It's a little more difficult on the S-Class ships since the dining rooms are not connected, but they can do it. A lot easier on the M-Class ships since the kitchens are close together.

I would go for Blu and upgrade. It's a nice, quite dining experience compared to the MDR.

Thanks very much for your response. We are on the Summit, which is M-Class I believe...is that correct? Sorry, we're new to cruising and this is our first Celebrity cruise. ;p

I think we'll go ahead and do it. It's only $50 to upgrade, so not much of an investment.

Thanks again!

Thanks very much for your response. We are on the Summit, which is M-Class I believe...is that correct? Sorry, we're new to cruising and this is our first Celebrity cruise. ;p

I think we'll go ahead and do it. It's only $50 to upgrade, so not much of an investment.

Thanks again!

Trust me, it is well worth the investment. You will love the dining experience in Blu on Summit. Summit is one of our favorite ships.

If you want to eat dinner in the MDR, coordinate that request with the Blu MaitreD. It’s best not to just show up at the MDR without making arrangements first. The Blu staff can find out what dining times might be available.

Thanks for this info. We will be sure to do so.

You are correct. If you take an aft elevator to deck 5, Blu will be to your right and the main dining room will be to your left. The dinner menus for each should be posted for viewing each day right outside their respective doors (from mid-afternoon on), so it is a very short walk to compare them and choose whichever looks more appealing to you each day.

You may also request a copy of the main dining room menu in Blu and order from either or both menus.

If you wish to dine with friends who are not in Aqua Class, you will need to join them in the main dining room as they will not be permitted to join you in Blu (unless they are suite occupants).

The main dining room entrance for Select (anytime dining) is down below on deck 4.

Blu is a much smaller and quieter room than the main dining room.

While the huge main dining room itself is actually very attractive, with panoramic views looking out the huge aft windows, the problem is that it is crowded and noisy because the tables there are jammed too closely together.

They took space away from the main dining room when they created Blu, and then took away more space to create Luminae.

You are correct. If you take an aft elevator to deck 5, Blu will be to your right and the main dining room will be to your left. The dinner menus for each should be posted for viewing each day right outside their respective doors (from mid-afternoon on), so it is a very short walk to compare them and choose whichever looks more appealing to you each day.

You may also request a copy of the main dining room menu in Blu and order from either or both menus.

If you wish to dine with friends who are not in Aqua Class, you will need to join them in the main dining room as they will not be permitted to join you in Blu (unless they are suite occupants).

The main dining room entrance for Select (anytime dining) is down below on deck 4.

Blu is a much smaller and quieter room than the main dining room.

While the huge main dining room itself is actually very attractive, with panoramic views looking out the huge aft windows, the problem is that it is crowded and noisy because the tables there are jammed too closely together.

They took space away from the main dining room when they created Blu, and then took away more space to create Luminae.

I love the comment on the MDR being crowded and noisy. I wonder if that is partly due to some of the diners assigned to Blu and Luminae choosing to dine in the MDR when they have allocated dining in their own (more superior) restaurants. As you point out it is not possible for the MDR diners to 'upgrade' their experience to Luminae or Blu, so I guess it will become overcrowded. Just a thought. :confused:

I love the comment on the MDR being crowded and noisy. I wonder if that is partly due to some of the diners assigned to Blu and Luminae choosing to dine in the MDR when they have allocated dining in their own (more superior) restaurants. As you point out it is not possible for the MDR diners to 'upgrade' their experience to Luminae or Blu, so I guess it will become overcrowded. Just a thought. :confused:

:rolleyes:

The MDR is more noisy and more hectic because of the huge, open design! Not because of the few AQ guest possibly eating there one night.

Recently we did our first cruise not in AQ and ate in the MDR - missed Blu from day one because of the quieter and more intimate atmoshere.