Dream Spa Deck 11 Balcony..which room?

toolaidback

Hey everyone, we're booking our vacation on the Dream and there are four cloud 9 spa balcony rooms remaining on the panorama (deck 11). 11229, 11230, 11235, and 11236. These should be covered balcony rooms. They have been coming up as the last 4 rooms for the last 2 weeks. Can anyone give me any input or advice as to which room would be the best choice. I hope they aren't in a undesirable location.

By the way, this will be my family's 2nd cruise, we did the Legend last year and had a blast.

Thanks, Scott

Those are the only 4 spa balcony rooms on deck 11 that hold 4 people. They all have the spa areas directly above them. I don't know if that's bad or not. 11235 looks like it may be partially underneath the last balcony room on Deck 12. It's usually best to have just rooms above and below you, but I'm not sure if the spa would really be a concern. When I sailed the Dream, I made friends with people who stayed in 12202 & 12204. They were not bothered at all by their balcony not having a covering, nor were we when we had a similar balcony on the Conquest. The only way people can see you from above is if they lean way out over the railing to intentionally look down at you. Above the Deck 12 rooms on that side of the ship is basically nothing. Then, one floor above that is the walkway to the adults only serenity area. Those rooms that my friend had were ideal for having almost no foot traffic at all right above them. And 12202 will sleep 4. I hung out with them in both rooms and balconies. I definitely recommend 12202 for you. My friends really loved the location: not many rooms, quiet, very close walk to the Waterworks. It's probably best for you to hear it in his words. Here's his live review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1183689&page=7

Hi. We were just on the Dream last month and stayed in 11230 and my sister was in 11229! We loved the location and yes the balconies are covered. There was a loud "boom" that we would hear from above 11230 several times a day. We assumed it was from the weightlifters dropping the weights on the gym floor above us. (at least that's what it sounded like). We always stay port side because after 9 cruises we've discovered that when you dock it's usually (not always) the side that faces the pier and we like to people watch. Anyway, my sister didn't have any noise at all from her room 11229, as they had rooms above them. So choose the even cabins if you want a better view of the ports or odd numbers if you want it to be a little quieter!

We were in 11222 - port side and had the treadmills right over our room. And yes, you can be awakened in the morning with the early risers who like getting an early start. Just be sure to not be under the treadmills or be sure to pack earplugs. It's not real loud but a sustained thumping.

You want the 11229 or 11235...these are under cabins on Deck 12.

You do not want any 11230 or 11236 as they are under the gym. We've been in 11234 and 11236 it can be very noisy early in the AM. We switched last May and were in 11209 and 11225...quiet.

Let me add that views in ports depend on which itinerary you are taking. On the Eastern, you will have nicer vistas of the harbors in St Maarten and St Thomas on the port (even) side as the starboard side has you looking at the pier areas. In Nassau you're most likely to see another ship. On the Western cruise, port gives you views of the piers going north in Cozumel, Mahogany Bay complex in Roatan, and if they stern to in Costa Maya you'll see the old resort (Cha Chi?) and pier area. On the starboard side on Western you'll see the beaches to the south in Cozumel, a beautiful view of the hills in Roatan, and most likely water in Costa Maya. Of course in Belize, you'll see water and an occassional glimpse of the port area on either side, depending on the ship's swing.

Edited by crewsweeper

Thanks everyone, your info is really helping us make our decision. We definately want the room with the least noise. I guess we'll be booking this afternoon. On our last cruise we used a travel agent, is there any difference if we do that again or book online? The prices seem to be the same. The only thing I could think of would be who files the price drop forms. Our agent says we can prepay our gratuities also, is this correct?

Sorry for all the questions, but you guys are a huge help.

Thanks, Scott

Hey everyone, we're booking our vacation on the Dream and there are four cloud 9 spa balcony rooms remaining on the panorama (deck 11). 11229, 11230, 11235, and 11236. These should be covered balcony rooms. They have been coming up as the last 4 rooms for the last 2 weeks. Can anyone give me any input or advice as to which room would be the best choice. I hope they aren't in a undesirable location.

By the way, this will be my family's 2nd cruise, we did the Legend last year and had a blast.

Thanks, Scott

Trying to think of the number that we were on last summer. We were in the spa cabin forward, we were one cabin behind the last cabin you can get . We were also only a few feet away from the elevator (pretty much private for those in spa cabins) We had no problems with noise at all, one of the best cabins we have ever had. Best part to us was no smoke smells at all!

We just got back from our cruise on the Dream (2/5). We stayed in 11214 and it was a great cabin. I don't ever recall hearing any activity from the exercise equipment above us. It was also nice that our balcony was on the port side and faced the port at every stop. The access to the spa is something you should really take full advantage of, especially the therapy pool.

Thanks everyone, your info is really helping us make our decision. We definately want the room with the least noise. I guess we'll be booking this afternoon. On our last cruise we used a travel agent, is there any difference if we do that again or book online? The prices seem to be the same. The only thing I could think of would be who files the price drop forms. Our agent says we can prepay our gratuities also, is this correct?

Sorry for all the questions, but you guys are a huge help.

Thanks, Scott

Yes you can pre-pay your gratuities or you can wait and they will be automatically billed to your s&s card. I always book my cruise directly with Carnival using a PVP or CVS. The price will be the same if you use your TA but the TA will have to file for your price drops and if you have any questions or need help with your reservation, Carnival will not help you and direct you back to your TA. I like having the ability to handle these things on my own and whenever I want. If you see a price drop in the evening and your TA isn't available until the next day then you run the risk of missing out on some OBC! Other than that, really no difference.

You want the 11229 or 11235...these are under cabins on Deck 12.

You do not want any 11230 or 11236 as they are under the gym. We've been in 11234 and 11236 it can be very noisy early in the AM. We switched last May and were in 11209 and 11225...quiet.

Let me add that views in ports depend on which itinerary you are taking. On the Eastern, you will have nicer vistas of the harbors in St Maarten and St Thomas on the port (even) side as the starboard side has you looking at the pier areas. In Nassau you're most likely to see another ship. On the Western cruise, port gives you views of the piers going north in Cozumel, Mahogany Bay complex in Roatan, and if they stern to in Costa Maya you'll see the old resort (Cha Chi?) and pier area. On the starboard side on Western you'll see the beaches to the south in Cozumel, a beautiful view of the hills in Roatan, and most likely water in Costa Maya. Of course in Belize, you'll see water and an occassional glimpse of the port area on either side, depending on the ship's swing.

Thanks, i suppose we'll be booking 11229 or 11235. Now, i'm not too ship savy, so is this port side or starboard side?

Thanks, Scott

Hi,

We were in 11236 in March 2010 & it was very quiet. Beautiful cabin, covered balcony, great spa experience, terrific ship- our first time cruisin>>> we are booked in a spa balcony on the freedom this March....:D

Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good tool for seeing what's above your cabin is

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit.php

Enter your ship name to load the decks and then:

LEFT CLICK on image to drag it over other image (image will become transparent while you are clicking on it). hold the shift button down and left mouse button and move over the image to dynamically resize it. (Hint: Try to line up elevators)

My wife wanted to know if there is a big difference, as far as ship movement,rocking, from a forward spa balcony as opposed to a mid ship 8/9 deck area. We had a panorama deck balcony on the Legend and it was great, we tend to get motion sickness.

Hmmm... We usually always book the lido or panorama decks at the very front of the ship. You will definitely feel more motion in the very front versus the middle of the ship. In Jan. on Dream, we had some really high winds towards end of cruise and we could feel the movement but it was like a very small but steady side to side rocking movement. Not bad at all but then I don't know what your tolerance is to that type of movement.

• 9 months later...
We were in 11222 - port side and had the treadmills right over our room. And yes, you can be awakened in the morning with the early risers who like getting an early start. Just be sure to not be under the treadmills or be sure to pack earplugs. It's not real loud but a sustained thumping.

is the balcony covered for this room or open?

• 1 year later...

thanks for this thread y'all!

We just booked the 12th floor, read about no balcony covering and noise, rebooked on 11230 and read about the gym and now called to switch to cabin 11229!

• 5 years later...

Take into consideration that the port side has an outdoor smoking area (granted several floors below deck 11) - I have heard that sensitive folks catch whiffs of cigarette smell even up on 11. We have exclusively booked starboard side because of that. 11229 has been very good to us. :)