Scenic Eclipse

russg140

Just booked this week as well for Feb 2019. Starting to fill up and very few if any cabins left on the pre-release pricing.

Interesting issue is that the insurance through ship only has $100K evacuation coverage which really isn't sufficient should you need it from Antarctica. Checking other options it appears that you must be within 24 months of a trip for a policy booking yet you need it within 14 days of an initial booking to cover anything preexisting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just booked the crossing in September 2018, with the airfare credit I could not pass this up. really want to try this ship. anyone else interested in this sailing? if so the credit is good till Dec 31.

Yes I have booked the transatlantic as well. We are Seabourn regulars now but are very keen to try this new ship!

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to meeting you Cruising Kirby. do you have any idea of the dress code for the eclipse? we just returned from a crossing on the Regent Explorer and enjoyed it very much. This sailing has almost all sea days, will give us a real opportunity to explore and experience the ship. what deck are you on?

Went to their website and couldn't find anything? Can you please give me some of the details, so I can research further. Thank you.

This is the cruise being referred to in case you still weren't able to find it — and it is quite reasonably priced compared to other sailings on the Eclipse.

https://www.scenicusa.com/ocean-cruise/americas/201r/6122-south-america-coastline

Looking forward to meeting you Cruising Kirby. do you have any idea of the dress code for the eclipse? we just returned from a crossing on the Regent Explorer and enjoyed it very much. This sailing has almost all sea days, will give us a real opportunity to explore and experience the ship. what deck are you on?

We are in a grand deluxe verandah on deck 5. I wanted to be lower down and midship to minimise the movement of the ship. What about you? I am not sure of the dress code, probably "elegant casual" most nights like Seabourn and Silverseas? I usually take black pants and sparkly tops and a couple of dresses. I will need to do some research on that! I am looking forward to the many sea days as it will be an opportunity to relax and experience the ship.

We are in a grand deluxe verandah on deck 5. I wanted to be lower down and midship to minimise the movement of the ship. What about you? I am not sure of the dress code, probably "elegant casual" most nights like Seabourn and Silverseas? I usually take black pants and sparkly tops and a couple of dresses. I will need to do some research on that! I am looking forward to the many sea days as it will be an opportunity to relax and experience the ship.

We too have a Grand Deluxe Verandah, deck 5 midship for our cruise - suite 517. How wonderful to have so many sea days to look forward to. Our Med intermarry unfortunately doesn't even have one!

• 3 weeks later...

So excited, we just booked 23 day Ultimate Great Civilizations Discovery Cruise.

Anyone on that cruise? It looked like they were pretty booked up.

Luggage allowance only 42 lbs.? Couldn't find anything on dress code either.:o

Where did you see the luggage allowance for the Eclipse? I checked the Scenic website and it does refer to limited luggage on tours and cruises, but I wonder if that refers to the current Scenic programme of land based tours and river cruises, not the new ocean cruising ship? I would be surprised if there were luggage restrictions on the Eclipse as I am not aware that they are applied on other luxury ocean lines. I am the world's worst packer so the thought of limiting myself to one 20kg case fills me with horror!

Where did you see the luggage allowance for the Eclipse? I checked the Scenic website and it does refer to limited luggage on tours and cruises, but I wonder if that refers to the current Scenic programme of land based tours and river cruises, not the new ocean cruising ship? I would be surprised if there were luggage restrictions on the Eclipse as I am not aware that they are applied on other luxury ocean lines. I am the world's worst packer so the thought of limiting myself to one 20kg case fills me with horror!

It's in their brochure under terms and conditions. I too am trying to figure out how to pack for 23 days plus. Yikes!:eek:

I have a feeling that the luggage limit will be updated as we get closer to launch date. At the time these brochures published, many logistical details were/are still up in the air, since this is uncharted territory for Scenic. While understandable for river cruising, clearly a one suitcase at 42 pound limit is totally unreasonable for an ocean cruise (especially in the luxury category). I would be very surprised (and dismayed) if this does not change as details of the ship become finalized.

I have a feeling that the luggage limit will be updated as we get closer to launch date. At the time these brochures published, many logistical details were/are still up in the air, since this is uncharted territory for Scenic. While understandable for river cruising, clearly a one suitcase at 42 pound limit is totally unreasonable for an ocean cruise (especially in the luxury category). I would be very surprised (and dismayed) if this does not change as details of the ship become finalized.

I think you probably "broke the code". I can't imagine them keeping such a limit on the Eclipse.

We should probably have our TA's check on that.

I cannot wait to hear from our CC's that will be on the Eclipse before us.

I think you probably "broke the code". I can't imagine them keeping such a limit on the Eclipse.

We should probably have our TA's check on that.

I cannot wait to hear from our CC's that will be on the Eclipse before us.

Yeah - even the agents at Scenic's US call center seem totally out of the loop. It's been a mission just to get simple answers to questions about pre-cruise hotels and booking flights for Eclipse sailings. Hoping that things get ironed out soon! And also eager to see the progress of the ship.

Yeah - even the agents at Scenic's US call center seem totally out of the loop. It's been a mission just to get simple answers to questions about pre-cruise hotels and booking flights for Eclipse sailings. Hoping that things get ironed out soon! And also eager to see the progress of the ship.

I read that the shipyard where the Eclipse is being built was having some issues. Here's the article.

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/business/23320-uljanik-shipyard-from-pula-in-trouble.

I guess we will have to see how the Inaugural Cruise goes in August.

I read that the shipyard where the Eclipse is being built was having some issues. Here's the article.

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/business/23320-uljanik-shipyard-from-pula-in-trouble.

I guess we will have to see how the Inaugural Cruise goes in August.

Here's another article published yesterday which makes the situation sound a bit better:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/18433-uljanik-gets-96-million-euro-loan.html