Parking port of tyne

Can anyone tell me how much it cost to park at the port of Tyne?

We have booked the night before at the Premiere Inn and after reading here I phoned them and they allow you to park your car for the duration of your cruise and they ask for a donation to Great Ormand Street. Your donation is at your discretion. Himself is happy with that but I have concerns over security of the car. No doubt by June he will have talked me round.

• 3 months later...

I'm also looking into parking at Newcastle Port of Tyne Cruise Parking.

Could someone advise the parking procedure please in more detail. I'm interested in how I get back to the cruise terminal, how long that takes and do you park your car yourself and do you have to leave the car keys with them.

Thanks fenreed

Parking is easy at Newcastle, you drop off cases and are directed to parking spot, then short ride to terminal.

We spoke with people who used the coach service from Liverpool, they said it took ages, about 6 hours picking up along the way - not direct. Parking at Newcastle Cruise Terminal is not cheap, but when you look at the overall cost of the cruise - its nothing and convenient. I suggest getting there as early as possible - front of the queue at check in. We drove from Greater Manchester just over a couple of hours.

We decided we wouldn't pay the extortionate price charged by the port and did consider leaving the car at the Premier Inn as we are staying the night before. However we were concerned if the car was stolen, no-one would notice and report it. After much research we decided to use Just Parking and are parking on someone's drive just across from the port. Much cheaper and loads of great reviews.

Well, we've decided to bite the bullet and park at the Port of Tyne. I've spent ages online trying to find a cheaper rate than the £12 per day. My Tui Account has a link for Port Parking, presumably at a reduced rate, The link does not work resulting in a "page not found"! I visited a Tui travel agent (not really happy to chat because I'd booked online). So I emailed Tui Customer Services and have yet to receive a reply.

I then emailed the CEO. As yet, no reply. One would think that a company such as Tui who can spend a lot of money on TV ads telling you how the customer matters, and how they look after their customers, could actually make an effort and make their actions mirror their words.

Trying to find a dedicated contact point online takes a long time. Of course, and when you find a point of contact, one realises that one is in a queue waiting for your email to be answered.

Well, hopefully, the power, or powers that be, may read these message boards and take action.

Will it happen? A pig just shot by my window!!!

Thank you Sheila49 for that. Bit of a problem for me...I don't do social media, apart from informative outfits like this one.

Just to update anyone following this who may be also interested in the information I'm trying to obtain, I'm still awaiting a response from Customer Services whom I emailed 12 May.

I'm also awaiting a response from the CEO whom I emailed 18 May.

I suppose they must be busy people, but there again, so am I..................

Well, we've decided to bite the bullet and park at the Port of Tyne. I've spent ages online trying to find a cheaper rate than the £12 per day. My Tui Account has a link for Port Parking, presumably at a reduced rate, The link does not work resulting in a "page not found"! I visited a Tui travel agent (not really happy to chat because I'd booked online). So I emailed Tui Customer Services and have yet to receive a reply.

We are sailing from Newcastle for the first time but have booked with Intercruises - we will have to see what that experience is like! We have travelled to Southampton with no problems before.

I checked my account and can’t see a link.

There is this in FAQs:

You can also add car parking at the port, at the time of booking, or by calling 0871 230 2800, if you’ve already booked.

SWEET SUCCESS - Port of Tyne Parking

Well, after emailing TuiCares as suggested by Skioncruises, within days I'm in possession of a Parking Voucher for Port Parking. Mind you it could have been easily missed. Right at the bottom of a 10 page reissue of my Booking Confirmation was a link to a pdf that was the parking voucher. Yet more paper and more printer ink. Still, shouldn't grumble.

For interest it cost £140 for the 14 days from 1130 hrs on the 23 June to 1000 hrs on 7 July. Which is a £2 per day reduction on Port costs.

Still no information regarding luggage/check-in. Do I drop off the luggage at the port first, then drive to the car park and park, or do I park first and then have to haul the luggage back to the park?

Who knows! I'm hoping somebody has done this thing before and can advise. Please post if you can. Thanks, fenreed

That’s good news - I am glad that it is sorted and with the discount :)

Good luck with the luggage. I am a bit bothered about ours- only not knowing the procedures.

We are on a coach and with other cruise lines, you don’t see the luggage until it is delivered to the room. Apparently, we have to check it in etc ourselves.

Hopefully it will run smoothly.

Yes you drop off luggage first then go and park your car - make your way to check in and you will get a coloured ticket, this determines the order you will be called for check in, the earlier you get there the earlier you will be called. Its all very simple and organised.