Nieuw Statendam inaugural cruise

Ascan

In May we went to Rome from Toronto. We booked a hotel in Civitaveccia and they picked us up at the airport, took us to the hotel and then 2 days later took us to the ship, which is only a very short ride to the pier. If you're staying at a hotel in Rome first, then I would recommend Rome In Limo for your transfer to the port, which you can book online before your leave Toronto. We've done Rome, so we like to spend some time in Civitaveccia prior to the cruise.

Twice when we have been in Rome we have stayed at The Fifteen Keys Hotel on Via Urbana in the Monti district. We loved this hotel. It was perfectly located on a quiet street but close to everything. We walked to most major sites. The hotel is spotless, staff wonderful and helpful and the breakfast they provide is delicious with lots of choices.

To get to the port of Civitavecchia we took a limo. We shared with another couple who were staying in the hotel who were on our cruise's roll call. Sorry, can't remember the name.

In May we went to Rome from Toronto. We booked a hotel in Civitaveccia and they picked us up at the airport, took us to the hotel and then 2 days later took us to the ship, which is only a very short ride to the pier. If you're staying at a hotel in Rome first, then I would recommend Rome In Limo for your transfer to the port, which you can book online before your leave Toronto. We've done Rome, so we like to spend some time in Civitaveccia prior to the cruise.

Do your ember the name of hotel in Civitaveccia and what company picked you up at the airport?

Do your ember the name of hotel in Civitaveccia and what company picked you up at the airport?
Hotel San Georgio. They have their own van to pick guests up at the airport. There were two other couples who also transferred from the airport to the hotel. We prepaid the transfer directly with the hotel when we booked our room. I believe it was 40 Euro each.

We have spent pre-cruise days in Civitavecchia several times. We stay at the La Casa Sul Mare, which is a boutique inn (9 rooms) Located convenient to the RR station and cruise dock. They can arrange transfer to/from the airport (FCO) and can also arrange day tours to Rome of several kinds. We always stay 1 or 2 days precruise wherever the embarkation port is. Located.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too love hotel Giorgio. Already reserved. Pick up in Rome. Drop off at the door at port. Lovely. Great restaurants nearby m
Hotel San Georgio is one of my very favourite hotels in Europe. Love the port of Civi, too! Bought Prosecco at a nearby grocery store for $3.00 per bottle! The view from our room overlooking the sea was spectacular!

I found train information to/from cruise port to Rome, but I have not used it myself yet. Can anyone else comment on this.

https://www.rometoolkit.com/airport/civitavechia_train.htm

The info is solid (as it the info on the Italy board, kinked above). The biggest piece of advice is if you buy tickets in advance, do so at the trenitalia website. That is the best prices. But 3-4 months in advance when they are first released.

For any transfer from Fiumicino Airport in Rome , the town of Fiumicino , or from hotel in Rome to the ship into the cruise port of Civitavecchia I can recommend Bob's limousines http://www.romelimousines.com and you can either get your own group of 6 together from the same of different hotels or just book to "share " a transfer and they will form a group for the van . Have done it about 5 times and never had a problem . If the website is confusing to you call the US number on the site or email and they get back to you fast . Bob works between the US and Italy .

The hotel we had once in Civitavecchia was San Giorgio was excellent , I know they can pick you up at the airport but it is much costlier .

For hotel in Rome to be in a nice and safe area where you can walk to a lot of the sights in Rome or connect easy onto the Metro we stayed three times at Roma Boutique Hotel , a small hotel excellent service and very clean http://www.romaboutiquehotel.com . They can also organize a private pick up for you from Fiumicino Airport to the Hotel at almost the same price of a taxi .

Hope this helps you !

Tony :D:D:D