$50 excursion credit option

Mikiejag

Since I tend to just book excursions through the NCL site I chose this as one of my offers, but I was just reading the fine print and said must be booked on the ship to apply....

I like to book everything online, at least 90 days prior and pay everything in advance. So anyone that has done this, is this like a $150 OBC or would it be a refund or do I really have to wait till I am on the ship to book excursions?

Thanks so much, and this is what I get for reading the fine print....lol

Similar experience as previous poster. We have the same perk and I just called yesterday to book an excursion and was assured that the $50 credit will be applied after we do the excursion. I was told that you do either have to call the reservation number or book on board for the credit to be applied. He said people book online all the time and expect for the credit to be applied and they will not honor a $50 credit to the stateroom if you pay in full online.

Sent from my 5049W using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

I wonder why I was told that then...so silly. Do they get like commission or something..lol. we would have liked to just pay for it and get it out of the way as to not have a balance due on our account before we even ship out. But I was afraid we'd forfeit the perk if we did. I don't like being told one thing but finding out another...

So,,, it is really, really easy to read the terms and conditions. If you book and pay in full in advance, you will have $50 per port of non-refundable OBC that you need to spend. If you take a post-cruise excursion, that credit will be posted late in your cruise

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

Thanks for the detailed information BirdTravels very helpful. I was wondering this very thing today because I am ready to book and want to do it in advance. I will call the number and apply my credit. Happy Sailing:)

Thanks for the detailed information BirdTravels very helpful. I was wondering this very thing today because I am ready to book and want to do it in advance. I will call the number and apply my credit. Happy Sailing:)

However, despite those guidelines requiring the online bookers to call that number, we automatically received the credit last year on the Escape as an on board credit the day of or after the excursions.

The only exception was the excursion we took on disembarkation day to the Everglades en route to MIA. That credit never showed up until I called, they cheerfully agreed to place the $50 credit on our account for a future cruise. Understandably since our account was settled, we were off the boat.

Don't .... the credit will be applied to your On Board account after you've taken the excursion. If you don't take the excursion you will not get the $50 credit. If you cancel the excursion (in good time) you will be refunded the whole excursion price but no $50 credit.

Before our last month's Spirit cruise we booked 3 excursions in advance via NCL online. We ended up taking one (and got the $50 credit afterwards), and cancelled the other 2 (got full refunds).

So,,, it is really, really easy to read the terms and conditions....For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

Nice, Must not have read all the way down. But it is interesting that it is in print and yet people are still having different experiences...:) But thats the way of the world I suppose

I chose the shore excursion credit but now I'm thinking that we may not want that since we are only in 2 ports both with limited choices. Is it possible to change to internet access from shore excursions AFTER you have booked and paid in full?

I chose the shore excursion credit but now I'm thinking that we may not want that since we are only in 2 ports both with limited choices. Is it possible to change to internet access from shore excursions AFTER you have booked and paid in full?

I do not see a problem of changing your choice of promotion even after you booked and paid in full. Just call NCL to change it.

It is the same with the choice of changing it to the drinking or dining package, it just that you would need to pay the gratuity.

Since I tend to just book excursions through the NCL site I chose this as one of my offers, but I was just reading the fine print and said must be booked on the ship to apply....

I like to book everything online, at least 90 days prior and pay everything in advance. So anyone that has done this, is this like a $150 OBC or would it be a refund or do I really have to wait till I am on the ship to book excursions?

Thanks so much, and this is what I get for reading the fine print....lol

We did book ours via a phone call; and they adjusted the price when we arrived on the ship. At least that is how we did it in Nov. This past cruise, earlier this month we just booked as soon as we got on board. We knew what we wanted, just walked up to the tour desk and took care of it.

Went on the Spirit last month ... some months before the cruise I booked excursions via NCL online, and then we got the $50 OBC on our onboard account after we went on the excursion.

I went to Cuba on the Sky in April and booked excursions online. I got the shore credits on the last day and they were used to offset daily tip charges.

Also, you need to make sure you go to excursion desk to confirm your Latitudes discount on excursions. We called the 1-877 number for our excursions and after we were onboard , confirmed they charged the 10% discount price for our Plat discount. $50 OBC in folio after completed excursion.

Also, you need to make sure you go to excursion desk to confirm your Latitudes discount on excursions. We called the 1-877 number for our excursions and after we were onboard , confirmed they charged the 10% discount price for our Plat discount. $50 OBC in folio after completed excursion.

When we booked NCL excursions online, our Plat + discounts got applied to the prices.

• 4 weeks later...
Similar experience as previous poster. We have the same perk and I just called yesterday to book an excursion and was assured that the $50 credit will be applied after we do the excursion. I was told that you do either have to call the reservation number or book on board for the credit to be applied. He said people book online all the time and expect for the credit to be applied and they will not honor a $50 credit to the stateroom if you pay in full online.

Interesting. Because we booked one of our excursions online. Then I remembered about the credit, so I called. My PCC told me it didn’t matter that I had booked online and that we’d get the $50 credit applied to our bill.

Now I’m thinking maybe she didn’t know what she was talking about!

Interesting. Because we booked one of our excursions online. Then I remembered about the credit, so I called. My PCC told me it didn’t matter that I had booked online and that we’d get the $50 credit applied to our bill.

Now I’m thinking maybe she didn’t know what she was talking about!

Your "PCC" LOL. AKA hourly call center employee?

Your "PCC" LOL. AKA hourly call center employee?

Exactly! She’s very cordial but I haven’t been impressed. It’s actually been a fairly frustrating experience with very little information flowing my way, as well as being told incorrect info that only got corrected after I questioned it. It’s not exactly given me confidence in anything I’ve been told up to this point. [emoji52]