Ladies/Gents Changing Rooms M-Class Near Solarium/Spa

Anita Latte

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone has ever used the showers in these changing rooms and if so, could you please describe to me the set up of the shower?

For example, I'm wondering if the showers themselves are just open to the main changing room, or are they in a separate stall kind of area? Is there a bench right there by the shower? Is there a shelf? Are there towels in the room? Are there lockers?

Any information would be helpful. Our stateroom has close access to these changing rooms and so I'm thinking that we might make us of these showers as we are a family of 3 in one stateroom.

Also...I believe there is a sauna and a steam room in these changing rooms? Yes? With this being such a private area...there are no descriptions or photos of any kind that I can find (understandably).

• Like 1

Last month on the Summit I used these showers daily. I was traveling with a friend. I didn't mind going up there to shower so she would take our bathroom to get ready and I would go up to the "locker room". The shower setup is 3 stalls with a small dressing area and one open shower with two heads. There are towels, toiletries and hairdryers. There are lockers and a dry sauna. Anyone can use this... the room opens at 6AM. I don't know when it closes. There are two doors... one that's part of the spa area and one that's closer to the sliding doors to the solarium pool area. These are blocked before 6AM by a door that looks like a fire door.

Thank you for sharing! The video referenced above showed exactly what you said...in the video, the shower stalls just look like glass doors with no privacy for the shower. Is that accurate? Or does something sophisticated happen with the glass when the shower is occupied? (I was in a restaurant restroom with toilet stalls that did this...the glass was clear when the toilet stall was empty and somehow the glass fogged over when it was in use)

May I ask...logistically, what did you wear to and from the shower? Did you bring your clothes and do your whole bathroom routine there? Or did you just shower and then go back to your stateroom to actually dress? Also, did you use the lockers? Is there a key that you could pick up from the spa desk?

Thank you again for sharing! DH and I are traveling with our 17-year old DS and it can be challenging to deal with the bathroom and dressing, etc. We are forward on deck 9 and I am believing that I will be using these facilities, I'm just trying to work out how best to do that and be sure that I'm prepared.

the shower doors are glazed and not see-through if I remember right. The locker area has two lines of lockers,small and large. And one line separates the shower area from the rest.

I would use the pool many days and shower there. Sometimes take my clothes with me. Nice sinks.

I didn’t worry about locking stuff. An attendant is in and out and Ive never had an issue on a cruise. This isn’t used a lot, no big crowds in and out.

In some ways, its handier than our SR shower so Ive used it for just cleaning up too.

Den

Is there pay to use steam rooms?

The steam room is in the Persian Garden for which you can pay a fee to enter - don't know the price or whether you can get a day pass, cruise pass or both.

Just note that the Persian Garden on M-class is not as nice as on S-class since there are no windows and no individual heated lounges - there is a quite large common heated bench instead of the individual lounges.

Last month on the Summit I used these showers daily. I was traveling with a friend. I didn't mind going up there to shower so she would take our bathroom to get ready and I would go up to the "locker room". The shower setup is 3 stalls with a small dressing area and one open shower with two heads. There are towels, toiletries and hairdryers. There are lockers and a dry sauna. Anyone can use this... the room opens at 6AM. I don't know when it closes. There are two doors... one that's part of the spa area and one that's closer to the sliding doors to the solarium pool area. These are blocked before 6AM by a door that looks like a fire door.

I usually do this also, lets the wife get ready in peace.

• 4 weeks later...

We’re sailing on Millie right now. Gazing upon her from The Hanger bar and restaurant in Juneau as this is being typed.

The video posted above is accurate. Here is what I can offer:

For example, I'm wondering if the showers themselves are just open to the main changing room, or are they in a separate stall kind of area?

There are 3 commode stalls and 3 shower stalls. Commode stalls are full doors. Shower stalls are glass doors that are frosted. I approached the door with a towel wrap and tossed it over the door. Maybe not 100% private, but it wasn’t uncomfortable.

Is there a bench right there by the shower?

Benches are near lockers. Just around the corner from the shower stalls.

Is there a shelf?

No shelf. Liquid soap and shampoo in the stall.

Are there towels in the room?

Big stack of decent towels.

Are there lockers?

Yes, with keys available at spa desk.

The stalls aren’t huge but definitely bigger than those in the cabins. Maybe not 100% private, but I wasn’t uncomfortable. Lots of counter space near the lockers. For your scenario,I’m guessing the changing rooms may meet your needs.

There is also a sauna, but I haven’t yet checked it out.

Hope this helps!

FYI, the changing rooms weren’t open embarkation night but were open the next morning.

Thank you for sharing! The video referenced above showed exactly what you said...in the video, the shower stalls just look like glass doors with no privacy for the shower. Is that accurate?

May I ask...logistically, what did you wear to and from the shower? Did you bring your clothes and do your whole bathroom routine there? Or did you just shower and then go back to your stateroom to actually dress? Also, did you use the lockers? Is there a key that you could pick up from the spa desk?

We are forward on deck 9 and I am believing that I will be using these facilities, I'm just trying to work out how best to do that and be sure that I'm prepared.

On the Summit the shower doors are solid, so privacy is assured there. I'm not especially modest but I don't remember ever feeling like I was "naked in public". The 2 head shower near the round window and sauna was definitely not private. I think that one is there for before/after using the sauna. In which case I would be wearing a bathing suit if I used that one.

Typically I showered here in the morning, after walking the track. So I would go there in my workout stuff. I'd bring with me what I planned to wear that day... casual stuff. I carried my small beach tote for clothes, brush, deodorant, etc. If I went there later in the day (like after a beach day) I'd bring a sundress to slip into and sandals. I got dressed/made up for dinner in the cabin. My BFF requires more time and products in the bathroom than I do so this worked out great for both of us. She didn't feel rushed and we were ready at the same time.

I never used the lockers. I did see women who were having the spa services use them. See the spa desk.

We were on deck 8 forward. I only had to walk up 2 decks. The "locker room" was very convenient.

I usually do this also, lets the wife get ready in peace.

Makes two of us. On our last Infinity cruise (September 2017) there were small cans of shaving cream and disposable razors. That wasn't the case on our March/April Equinox cruise.

Anyone know if there’s an age restriction to use the locker room? I know the spa is 13+ with a parent for specific services and 16+ for the gym.

We’re 5 in a corner aft Family Veranda. I was thinking if I could use the locker room with my 12 & 14 year daughters we could all get ready quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe I will return before you leave for your cruise...so I'll see if there's an age restriction. I'll post if no one else has after we return, after July 3.

Thank you! We leave July 22nd. We will make it work regardless. But it’d be nice to take the girls up there (even if it’s a long walk) and at minimum get us all showered at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums