Transfer Booking To TA?

stoddaj1

Just curious as to whether we are able to transfer our booking to Costco Travel even though they do not book for MSC according to online info.? Has anyone done this?
Not possible as Costco does not book MSC cruises.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Just curious as to whether we are able to transfer our booking to Costco Travel even though they do not book for MSC according to online info.? Has anyone done this?

So this option is out. Anyone ever transfer a cruise booking to Cruises n More?

So this option is out. Anyone ever transfer a cruise booking to Cruises n More?

We were also hoping to go with the big box travel store for our MSC cruise. Next time I am at corporate, I will ask them to consider offering MSC for cruises.

We did make reservation for our cruise directly because it looked like cabins were going quickly. THEN....

On CC read about finding discounts for cruises. Submitted info to site name that includes the name cruise and the shortened name for competition. As in “ compete”.

and got a response from cruise travel agency in Orlando.

Called and he was able to save us about $900 on our 8 day cruise in YC. ( We had recently matched to Black)

He had me call MSC and cancel first and then call him back. He got our old cabin back and paperwork came in email. All looks good on MSC and he made sure we got the Black discount and our numbers are on our booking.

They were great to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

We have also used the big NW box store for our other bookings. As noted it does not represent MSC. We did some research and one'outlet' cruise discounter offered a minimal booking credit (a few hundred on a one week Yacht Club booking). The reference actually came from some posts here. We authorized transfer of the cruise months ago and the agent has indicated several times that the MSC has not responded to his requests for transfer despite numerous attempts. We are pretty much going to pull the plug on this transfer (we did get what I felt was a very good overall cruise rate) BUT my overall impression is that while TA perks are available they are not as 'simple' or generous as those we have received with other cruises. Of course this agent may not be following up promptly but I see no reason why they would impede a transfer. We are excited to try Yacht Club but do feel the opportunities are limited with TA representation based on our efforts in to date in this area.

We successfully faxed in the transfer request to MSC and it took 2 days before our "big box" travel agent had it in their system. They called MSC and got a 10% military discount applied (I faxed them a copy of my military ID), then the agent applied their "big box agency's" 10% of the cruise price as obc...which came out to $715 of obc (5 people in YC).